British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   TIE Application in Exchange for Green Card (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/tie-application-exchange-green-card-940209/)

ElizabethAnn Aug 19th 2021 8:22 am

TIE Application in Exchange for Green Card

Yikes, typo error in the Thread Title - How do I edit the title? TIA should read TIE!

Can anyone advise on the likely cost of getting a Gestor to complete the exchange process Green Residency Card to a new biometric TIE Card? (I have failed to manage the process myself - must be getting old). Thanks in advance.

Chipmonk Aug 19th 2021 9:44 am

Re: TIE Application in Exchange for Green Card

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn (Post 13042169)
Yikes, typo error in the Thread Title - How do I edit the title? TIA should read TIE!

Can anyone advise on the likely cost of getting a Gestor to complete the exchange process Green Residency Card to a new biometric TIE Card? (I have failed to manage the process myself - must be getting old). Thanks in advance.

Anything from 100 to 150 euros.

tebo53 Aug 19th 2021 9:47 am

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn (Post 13042169)

We had our green residence cards exchanged to the TIE last month with the help of Round Town Travel. The cost was €100 each.
Included in the price: They did all the paperwork and took us in their Range Rover from Benidorm to the Alicante office where we submitted our paperwork and had our fingerprint taken. Four weeks later they took us back to the Alicante office to pick up our new cards. All done stress free.

Steve

Dxf Aug 19th 2021 10:01 am

Hola,

My local solicitor made a special charge of 60€ to obtain a TIE; They realised very early on that there would be an avalanche of people needing one and alos a mass of people who, like me, didn't NEED one but would like one as it is a lot better than the green A4 paper residencia I had (I also had the previous residencia card which expired in 2008)

A number of CNP (Corps National de Policia) police stations have an English speaking person that does the TIE process, indeed, in Puerta Santa Maria you are not allowed a solicitors clerk to help you, but the civilian doing the TIE is multi-lingual.

You will need; your passport and a photocopy of every page, your old residencia A4 paper or the replacement card that was issued, a Padron which is less than 90 days old, Form EX23, a photo (DNI size) Form 790 already stamped as paid by the bank
Form EX23 23-Formulario_TIE_RU.pdf (inclusion.gob.es)
Form 790 Tasa790_012 (policia.gob.es)

Having got all that - it is a piece of cake LOL

Davexf

tebo53 Aug 19th 2021 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Dxf (Post 13042208)
Hola,

My local solicitor made a special charge of 60€ to obtain a TIE; They realised very early on that there would be an avalanche of people needing one and alos a mass of people who, like me, didn't NEED one but would like one as it is a lot better than the green A4 paper residencia I had (I also had the previous residencia card which expired in 2008)

A number of CNP (Corps National de Policia) police stations have an English speaking person that does the TIE process, indeed, in Puerta Santa Maria you are not allowed a solicitors clerk to help you, but the civilian doing the TIE is multi-lingual.

You will need; your passport and a photocopy of every page, your old residencia A4 paper or the replacement card that was issued, a Padron which is less than 90 days old, Form EX23, a photo (DNI size) Form 790 already stamped as paid by the bank
Form EX23 23-Formulario_TIE_RU.pdf (inclusion.gob.es)
Form 790 Tasa790_012 (policia.gob.es)

Having got all that - it is a piece of cake LOL

Davexf

We were not asked for a Padron nor were we required to photocopy our passports.

Steve

guesswork Aug 19th 2021 10:09 am

I did it on Tuesday in Ayamonte It cost 60 STG and 12 euros tax

Dxf Aug 19th 2021 10:11 am

Originally Posted by tebo53 (Post 13042209)
We were not asked for a Padron nor were we required to photocopy our passports.

Steve

Hola,
I printed what I had to produce in the Cádiz province , but this is where a local forum does help as Ayamonte is in the Huelva province.

Davexf

ElizabethAnn Aug 20th 2021 6:38 am

Thanks you for this information. It is very helpful. Here in Ayamonte we seem to be unable to go to any 'Official' place without making appointments online in advance, but we can't make appointments online without having an electronic "clave" or 'signature'. But I have tried getting both using the described online system and 5 weeks later I'm still awaiting the "clave" letter arriving in the post. It is all very tiresome and frustrating. I have managed to negotiate all the processes of living and registering in Spain for the past 4 years - Residency, Driving Licence, Tax (all-be-it with a little COVID hitch), vaccines, language school, etc, - but this has just flummoxed me. I just seem to go round and round in circles and keep meeting barriers that can't be crossed (or knocked down). The wort thing about the situation is that I should not need to be doing it anyway. My current NIE Card is legal and valid. But... apparently officials at passport control at Faro airport (in Portugal) are making it difficult for UK passport holders living in Spain to exit or enter the country without the TIE. No idea why they are saying that the Green Card NIE is no longer valid - EU politics again probably!

ElizabethAnn Aug 20th 2021 6:54 am

Originally Posted by guesswork (Post 13042210)
I did it on Tuesday in Ayamonte It cost 60 STG and 12 euros tax

What was the 60 STG for? What documents did you need? Did anyone help you?

Chipmonk Aug 20th 2021 7:37 am

Many people seem to object to paying a gestor to do this and prefer to do it themselves to varying degrees of success. A good local gestor should have a some connections and knowledge that most expats lack so you need to factor that into the price. I speak good Spanish but cant be bothered wasting time and energy navigating the system and so get my gestor to do it. The first thing that takes time for most expat is getting an initial date for your visit..Many expats spend hours logging on looking for citas without realising they are only released once a week at particular times. Gestors will know when the slots are available and get you a date within a week. Mine got me my cita within 3 days of me asking. They will then pay the Tasa and forward the required documents. You just need to take photocopies of your green card and passport. Fingerprints are taken and usually card is ready in 3 weeks. Very easy for 100 euros.

ElizabethAnn Aug 20th 2021 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Chipmonk (Post 13042574)
Many people seem to object to paying a gestor to do this and prefer to do it themselves to varying degrees of success. A good local gestor should have a some connections and knowledge that most expats lack so you need to factor that into the price. I speak good Spanish but cant be bothered wasting time and energy navigating the system and so get my gestor to do it. The first thing that takes time for most expat is getting an initial date for your visit..Many expats spend hours logging on looking for citas without realising they are only released once a week at particular times. Gestors will know when the slots are available and get you a date within a week. Mine got me my cita within 3 days of me asking. They will then pay the Tasa and forward the required documents. You just need to take photocopies of your green card and passport. Fingerprints are taken and usually card is ready in 3 weeks. Very easy for 100 euros.

Thanks for the pointer. We have made initial enquiries with our Gestor’s office (unfortunately he’s on paternity leave for 4 months) and they are going to try to start the process on Monday with us. The lady knows someone she can call at the police station but it sounds like they haven’t done it before. Fingers crossed.

Chipmonk Aug 20th 2021 8:32 am

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn (Post 13042584)
Thanks for the pointer. We have made initial enquiries with our Gestor’s office (unfortunately he’s on paternity leave for 4 months) and they are going to try to start the process on Monday with us. The lady knows someone she can call at the police station but it sounds like they haven’t done it before. Fingers crossed.

Knowing someone at police station is the key as it will get you an appointment fast. The procedure is easy

breakfasttea Aug 20th 2021 9:15 am

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn (Post 13042557)
My current NIE Card is legal and valid. But... apparently officials at passport control at Faro airport (in Portugal) are making it difficult for UK passport holders living in Spain to exit or enter the country without the TIE. No idea why they are saying that the Green Card NIE is no longer valid - EU politics again probably!

NIE has never been proof of residency, it is a number that identifies you as a foreigner in the country ie for tax purposes. No EU politics at play at all, it’s plain old British ignorance 👍🏼

Good luck with the TIE

Dxf Aug 20th 2021 9:38 am

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn (Post 13042557)
Thanks you for this information. It is very helpful. Here in Ayamonte we seem to be unable to go to any 'Official' place without making appointments online in advance, but we can't make appointments online without having an electronic "clave" or 'signature'. But I have tried getting both using the described online system and 5 weeks later I'm still awaiting the "clave" letter arriving in the post. It is all very tiresome and frustrating. I have managed to negotiate all the processes of living and registering in Spain for the past 4 years - Residency, Driving Licence, Tax (all-be-it with a little COVID hitch), vaccines, language school, etc, - but this has just flummoxed me. I just seem to go round and round in circles and keep meeting barriers that can't be crossed (or knocked down). The wort thing about the situation is that I should not need to be doing it anyway. My current NIE Card is legal and valid. But... apparently officials at passport control at Faro airport (in Portugal) are making it difficult for UK passport holders living in Spain to exit or enter the country without the TIE. No idea why they are saying that the Green Card NIE is no longer valid - EU politics again probably!

Hola,
Try this link
Proceso automático para la solicitud de cita previa (administracionespublicas.gob.es)

Davexf

Parcheval Aug 20th 2021 10:53 am

Hi, have a look there: https://britishexpats.com/forum/spai.../#post12956590