Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

For those of you who forgot why you moved

For those of you who forgot why you moved

Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those of you who forgot why you moved

Returned to the UK 23rd December

Not too chilly on arrival, but raining as expected .... and this it did for almost all the time we were there.

By Christmas day I had gone down with the flu which lasted right through until New Year Eve. By New Years Eve the wife had caught it also, as had almost everyone else I met. Nearly everyone I spoke to either had flue or knew someone who has it!

Tried going shopping on a few occasions, but the traffic was so congested it was almost impossible to guarantee getting anywhere on a schedule. The New Years sales started Christmas Eve.

Weather worsening by New Years Day .... grey skies and very very cold. Doom and depression.

At least we escaped without suffering the "Winter vomiting virus" though which is now closing hospital wards nationwide.

Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those of you who forgot why you moved

OH................................................ ..........your back.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Show the man some respect....

He could have been a statistic!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

You know how to enjoy yourself then !!

My trip to spain was similar, spent most of the time freezing cold and burning builders wood to keep warm, the mountain was shrouded with cloud for ten days, although did escape to Nerja and frigliana for a day, a bit wild on the coast though, quite a lot of rain but boy do they need it, I have never seen Vinuela so low, turned mild over here now but windy..loking forward to the winter vomiting virus...sounds charming
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, aren't you glad

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
You know how to enjoy yourself then !!

loking forward to the winter vomiting virus...sounds charming
Yes ..... sorry to bring that up
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Returned to the UK 23rd December ...............
By Christmas day I had gone down with the flu which lasted right through until New Year Eve.......................Tried going shopping on a few occasions, but the traffic was so congested it was almost impossible to guarantee getting anywhere on a schedule.
Sounds like you brought the flu with you - Typhoid Mitzy!!!

Don't knock the traffic it comes from an economy where people can:-
A) afford a car.
B) Have enough money left over to want to spend it -

Statistically, most cars are full of Ex-pats (over in the UK for Christmas) cadging a lift from their hosts so they can buy stuff they can't get back "home" - like, sandals & socks, shell suits & bum-bags.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:15 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

But wasn't it good to be with your family and friends in the UK - and at least while you had the flu you would (presumably) be in a nice warm centrally heated house

Welcome back
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Returned to the UK 23rd December

Not too chilly on arrival, but raining as expected .... and this it did for almost all the time we were there.

By Christmas day I had gone down with the flu which lasted right through until New Year Eve. By New Years Eve the wife had caught it also, as had almost everyone else I met. Nearly everyone I spoke to either had flue or knew someone who has it!

Tried going shopping on a few occasions, but the traffic was so congested it was almost impossible to guarantee getting anywhere on a schedule. The New Years sales started Christmas Eve.

Weather worsening by New Years Day .... grey skies and very very cold. Doom and depression.

At least we escaped without suffering the "Winter vomiting virus" though which is now closing hospital wards nationwide.

Mirrors our trip back, only went from Boxing day to New Years Eve, but was as you say
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:42 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Statistically, most cars are full of Ex-pats (over in the UK for Christmas) cadging a lift from their hosts so they can buy stuff they can't get back "home" - like, sandals & socks, shell suits & bum-bags.
you forgot the football shirts, bisto gravy, marmite, "real" bacon, "real" sausages, and t-bags.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:58 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Mitzy,pleased you had sort of a good trip........its sunny today but windy.........."For those of you who forgot why you moved " to top it all off its been announced that gas prices are going to rise at least 17% and electric by 12% New Year doom and gloom and we are heading for a depression

Happy New Year Mitzy,you are in the best place
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

you forgot the football shirts, bisto gravy, marmite, "real" bacon, "real" sausages, and t-bags.
Hey, it was very late - I thought I'd typed all those things - but dem fingers musta bin sleepy.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:37 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Hey, it was very late - I thought I'd typed all those things - but dem fingers musta bin sleepy.
Thank Christ you're back, its been soooooooo dull on here!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:07 pm
Senior Moment

You haven't stopped moaning as a new years resolution then?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:26 pm
Straw Man.

You haven't stopped moaning as a new years resolution then?
Shut up you.

So come on, make us laugh.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought you were taking your well honed spamming skills elsewhere?
I'm glad you stayed though, as every community needs it's own idiot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.