Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Majorca. :) HELP?

Thinking of moving to Majorca. :) HELP?

Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

martos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to Majorca. :) HELP?

Hello members,

Sorry to bother you all wherever in the world you may be. I am looking for any advice people may have on my potential move to Spain.

Myself, my mother and my Spanish father are all considering starting a new life in Majorca. We would intially look to rent in the Palma area and get a greater idea of what opportunties are available. We have a little bit of colleteral behind us to look into different propositions but nothing too risky.

Has anyone got any advice on where to start this adventure base on your own experiences of Majorcan life?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Thinking of moving to Majorca. :) HELP?

I guess noone has any experiences tht they wish to share lol
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

There are very few opportunities available anywhere in Spain at the moment, so the best I can offer is to take as much money with you as possible, preferably enough to last you at least a year!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by valenciatim
There are very few opportunities available anywhere in Spain at the moment, so the best I can offer is to take as much money with you as possible, preferably enough to last you at least a year!
Thanks... you have depressed me now though lol
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martos
Thanks... you have depressed me now though lol
If you have no Spanish language, get your dad to read the Spanish papers on line about how much unemployment there is all over Spain.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
If you have no Spanish language, get your dad to read the Spanish papers on line about how much unemployment there is all over Spain.
There is unemployment all over the world... you just have to take what you can get sometimes .
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

There is unemployment all over the world... you just have to take what you can get sometimes .
Which is what the locals are trying to do! Unless you have a ready made income, or a pension, it is going to be very, very hard.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

ok thanks..
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:49 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

People are not trying to be negative, just saying it the way it is. You are in a much better position than most though, because you have a Spanish speaking parent and, in saying that, hopefully you speak Spanish too. Do your research and you never know, you might come up with something.

Best wishes in all you do, should you decide to take the plunge but please, as Valencia Tim said, take enough money with you to last for at least a year.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Over 4 million in Spain, and thats only the legal ones.