Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of buying property in Murcia, Spain

Thinking of buying property in Murcia, Spain

Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Tony V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of buying property in Murcia, Spain

Hello readers, I am seriously thinking of buying a property in the Murcia, area of Spain.I have just returned from a Holiday in Al Cazarez and found it to be clean, safe flat with an English population and relatively sunny.
I think it would be ideal for me and my wife, our children and their children. Plus possibly renting to friends and extended family.
I am looking for advice on solicitors , should they be English based.
In fact, any tips or advice at all please.
Ian going to the bank next Friday to try and raise some money.
Xx
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:27 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of buying property in Murcia, Spain

Where about in Murcia? It is quite an extensive and diverse region. Did you mean Los Alcazares? It is indeed sunny there. Tesco source most of their tomatoes from around there. You must have noticed the acres of plastic green houses?

I would avoid English solicitor and English tradesmen in general. Get a Spanish one.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi and thank you for replying. Yes I did mean Los Alcazares.
I have been advised to choose an English law firm as opposed to one recommended by the people selling the property.
Any input would be appreciated though
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future

Hi Tony V, welcome to the forum.
I would certainly use an independent solicitor.
See we are from the same neck of the woods Chesterfield.

PM me if you need any advice.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:11 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony V
Hi and thank you for replying. Yes I did mean Los Alcazares.
I have been advised to choose an English law firm as opposed to one recommended by the people selling the property.
Any input would be appreciated though
Certainly choose your own lawyer but choose a local SPANISH one (IMHO).
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. Any tips of which firms to use or not to use for getting money there. Things I read say avoid banks.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bil8999
Hi Tony V, welcome to the forum.
I would certainly use an independent solicitor.
See we are from the same neck of the woods Chesterfield.

PM me if you need any advice.
Thank you, not sure, how to pm.
Where in chesterfield are you from?
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future

Old Whittington
Old Oct 9th 2014, 5:04 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Any tips of which firms to use or not to use for getting money there. Things I read say avoid banks.
CurrencyFair
Old Oct 9th 2014, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

I shall Google that and see what you are referring to. Is it the opinion of people on here that I can get save money by not using banks?
Old Oct 9th 2014, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

We use currency direct, never had any problems,
Also used bank, cost more and took longer.
Good luck with your purchase.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

I shall Google that and see what you are referring to. Is it the opinion of people on here that I can get save money by not using banks?
Yes, you will definitely get a better exchange rate if you use a money transfer company as opposed to a bank. CurrencyFair is one such company. This website allows you to compare companies: https://www.fxcompared.com/

Good luck.

- Eric S.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 9:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello readers, I am seriously thinking of buying a property in the Murcia, area of Spain.I have just returned from a Holiday in Al Cazarez and found it to be clean, safe flat with an English population and relatively sunny.
I think it would be ideal for me and my wife, our children and their children. Plus possibly renting to friends and extended family.
Xx
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 10th 2014, 8:52 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Eric S
Yes, you will definitely get a better exchange rate if you use a money transfer company as opposed to a bank. CurrencyFair is one such company. This website allows you to compare companies: https://www.fxcompared.com/

Good luck.

- Eric S.
That site is fine but it is biased and doesn't compare the major players like World First, Currency Direct, CurrencyFair, MoneyCorp, Foreign Currency etc.

I recommended CurrencyFair because it has very limited charges, gives a very good rate and the transfer takes just a day or two. It's also peer-to-peer which I approve of!
Old Oct 11th 2014, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Xx
Hi
How did things go at the bank, did they give you the money?
Where in Chesterfield are you.
Hope all runs smoothly.
Did you looked at any other areas to purchase?
PM me if you have any questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.