Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

thinking about relocating to san pedro del pinatar

thinking about relocating to san pedro del pinatar

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:54 am
Just Joined

kookylou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thinking about relocating to san pedro del pinatar

hello there i am just new to the site and was just hoping to get a little info from anyone out there who is familiar to the san pedro area. my partner and i plus thre kids aged 7, 4 and 1 are planning to move there at the beginning of next year. At the minute i am looking into schools but cant seem to get much on the net. Does anyone have any ideas as to the british community there? Any info at all on that area would be much appreciated. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Thanks
kookylou
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:38 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking about relocating to san pedro del pinatar

Close to la zenia, playa flamenca. Quite a british area imo.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Close to la zenia, playa flamenca. Quite a british area imo.
Actually closer to the Mar Menor, in fact it is on the Mar Menor, still a lot of ex pats, Mar Menor very safe bathing, good wildlife area, might not be as expensive as the main Mar Menor strip.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

also thinking about torrevieja as a possible location, what do ya reckon??
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

how do you pronounce it??
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Originally Posted by kookylou
also thinking about torrevieja as a possible location, what do ya reckon??

There have been lots of problems there, and also I know some people who live there and just cannot sell their house as the area is saturated so

Would prefer the Mar Menor
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

what do you mean by problems?? crime and stuff?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

It is playa flamenca in torrevieja that i am hoping to go out to look at so whats that area like any ideas??
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 5:03 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

It is playa flamenca in torrevieja that i am hoping to go out to look at so whats that area like any ideas??
I just moved from playa flamenca, I'd say its gonna be the next benidorm. So many cranes and new buildings popping up. LOADS of english people there, I saw more english than spanish. Its a great place but expect it to get busy in summer.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:50 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Playa Flamenca, no it will not get like Benidorm, there are NO high rise hotels, there are a few commercial centres, with bars etc, but nothing like the night life of many of the places. Yes there are a lot of ex pats, but not only from the UK, but Germany & Scandinavia as well, but also plenty of Spanish, and while it does get busy in summer, that's the same with most parts of Spain. There are nice beaches and a lovely new coastal walkway.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

hello there i am just new to the site and was just hoping to get a little info from anyone out there who is familiar to the san pedro area. my partner and i plus thre kids aged 7, 4 and 1 are planning to move there at the beginning of next year. At the minute i am looking into schools but cant seem to get much on the net. Does anyone have any ideas as to the british community there? Any info at all on that area would be much appreciated. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Thanks
kookylou
Mikelincs told me he lives near there, I am going there August, I have been several times now, seems very busy in summer and then very quiet in the Autumn / Winter. There is quite a few developments going up Where abouts in San Pedro where you thinking of?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:47 am
Just Joined

not really sure to be honest, i have been looking at acouple of rental properties on the net that are due to become vacant around the time we hope to head out, they dont give specific area just say san pedro. Obviously we will go over to view and sort out arrangements before we commit to any in particular. Also loooking at a couple in playa flamenca, opposite school.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 1:15 am
Drunken Monkey

not really sure to be honest, i have been looking at acouple of rental properties on the net that are due to become vacant around the time we hope to head out, they dont give specific area just say san pedro. Obviously we will go over to view and sort out arrangements before we commit to any in particular. Also loooking at a couple in playa flamenca, opposite school.
damn wonder if its the school i was next to, was near maggies bar...
Old Apr 4th 2007, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Nice place to live or not? Recommend it?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:51 am
Drunken Monkey

Nice place to live or not? Recommend it?
Yeah its a good area, I liked it just moved to try more of a spanish life. You got a viapark down the road where you can get food etc, flamenca beach CC a bit further down with bars and food again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.