Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Things you need to do to move to Spain before transition period is over

Things you need to do to move to Spain before transition period is over

Old Feb 18th 2020, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

HelenH70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Things you need to do to move to Spain before transition period is over

Originally Posted by missile
good for you. Follow your dream. Better to try and risk failure than to live in fear of what if …...
thank you exactly, you just never know the minute right? I’m not stressing about my phone as another member said, rather I’m just wondering is all haha
Old Feb 18th 2020, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things you need to do to move to Spain before transition period is over

Helen: You asked what you need to do to get residency here before the end of the transition period. That is pretty much as has been said. It's not too difficult but does involve organising stuff. You wrote " then I will get a job". I just wanted to point out that unless ( and you might be ) you are reasonably qualified in a specific area and speak spanish you will be competing against a large number of people making your chances lower. Many UK expats living on the Costas are retired and so making a living is not something they need to do. You are clearly not retired and therefore I would imagine a job is important to find. So whilst you might not feel it us too difficult to find any work in uk it will be different in spain. Just do a bit more research as you seem to be rushing into something
Old Feb 18th 2020, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Things you need to do to move to Spain before transition period is over

Originally Posted by HelenH70
hi I’ve been told I need to get an NIE? Open a bank account and deposit thousands of pounds not hundreds and get a gestor.... really confused now.
Hi Helen it seems you are coming to spain, to start the process is not that difficult really unless you have no idea of the process hence the advice above of a gestor
To open bank account just go to the bank of choice with passport, it will be a non resident account,yes that easy
Padron go to town hall ask for a padron take passport and sons address proof of ownership or rental agreement,yes that easy
NIE local police station with passport ask for NIE go to relevant desk i can't remember if you need photos for this it will be on line down load form online pre pay,yes that easy
Residencies best to go with the above and with private health care certificate unless you are a pensioner then pension details
Bank account with statement preferably with transactions completed and with the reliant required amount in account,depends on area. We had a few thousand and 6 months worth of transactions this was accepted
Speaking Spanish will make to process a lot easier
If not sure you can do this your self get a gestor who will guide you with all the paper work and take you and help with process, all with a fee of course
None of the above is to difficult please do not get all over stressed with it all,once you start you will realise its easier than you think
do not forget we are in Spain and not used to the( weather bloody hot) and the process with the right documents of course and you relax, go with the flow and have photocopies of everything oh and photos in triplicate a smile on your face and have all they ask for then no problem at all especially with a little Spanish chat.
Once again if you feel you can not cope get a gestor to help,Just remember it will be all worth it in the end you will i am sure have a great life in Spain as we all do. I hope i may have eased your mind, hope so just think spain can be a great life good luck.GEE this has taken bloody ages to type my two middle fingers have got blisters
Old Feb 18th 2020, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

HelenH70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el collado kid
Hi Helen it seems you are coming to spain, to start the process is not that difficult really unless you have no idea of the process hence the advice above of a gestor
To open bank account just go to the bank of choice with passport, it will be a non resident account,yes that easy
Padron go to town hall ask for a padron take passport and sons address proof of ownership or rental agreement,yes that easy
NIE local police station with passport ask for NIE go to relevant desk i can't remember if you need photos for this it will be on line down load form online pre pay,yes that easy
Residencies best to go with the above and with private health care certificate unless you are a pensioner then pension details
Bank account with statement preferably with transactions completed and with the reliant required amount in account,depends on area. We had a few thousand and 6 months worth of transactions this was accepted
Speaking Spanish will make to process a lot easier
If not sure you can do this your self get a gestor who will guide you with all the paper work and take you and help with process, all with a fee of course
None of the above is to difficult please do not get all over stressed with it all,once you start you will realise its easier than you think
do not forget we are in Spain and not used to the( weather bloody hot) and the process with the right documents of course and you relax, go with the flow and have photocopies of everything oh and photos in triplicate a smile on your face and have all they ask for then no problem at all especially with a little Spanish chat.
Once again if you feel you can not cope get a gestor to help,Just remember it will be all worth it in the end you will i am sure have a great life in Spain as we all do. I hope i may have eased your mind, hope so just think spain can be a great life good luck.GEE this has taken bloody ages to type my two middle fingers have got blisters
bless you I know what you mean by middle aged fingers! Thank you ever so much for the sound advice I’ll be moving to the Malaga province so will need to check on monetary amounts. Thanks again