British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Things I Love Doing in Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/things-i-love-doing-spain-473673/)

culchie Aug 13th 2007 9:20 am

Things I Love Doing in Spain

I absolutely adore listening to the traffic reports from home - makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and superior!!

Pam Sarky Aug 13th 2007 10:09 am

Re: Things I Love Doing in Spain

Originally Posted by culchie (Post 5182552)
I absolutely adore listening to the traffic reports from home - makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and superior!!

You just brought back a distant nightmare :eek:

Mitzyboy Aug 13th 2007 10:38 am

That incident on the M40 happened just near where I used to live an I just know what all the roads thereabout are like right now .... at a standstill

One things for sure. all the things I thought I was going to do and enjoy before I came to Spain, I'm not doing ... walking along the beach, going for meals regularly, travelling .. etc etc .... must sort myself out :frown:

rugbymatt Aug 13th 2007 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 5182853)
That incident on the M40 happened just near where I used to live an I just know what all the roads thereabout are like right now .... at a standstill

One things for sure. all the things I thought I was going to do and enjoy before I came to Spain, I'm not doing ... walking along the beach, going for meals regularly, travelling .. etc etc .... must sort myself out :frown:

Then get your arse off BE man!!

crispy Aug 13th 2007 11:47 am

I thought the same as Mitzy, I was going to go for long romantic:wub: walks along the beach everyday, well in the summer I can't get near the beach, but I do get out in the winter but not as much as I should do:mad:

What I really love to do is to go at sun set in the spring/autumn/winter and sit at my fav bar with a coffee, sherry and my best friend (OH) and watch the sun go down, usually Mal and I are the only peeps sitting there we even go when it's raining and windy. As soon as the sun has gone down and our sherries finished the shutters start to go up and the tables are taken in side the bar:( we can take the hint and we go back home:)

crispy Aug 13th 2007 11:49 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5183104)
Then get your arse off BE man!!

Home for lunch then are we? Or is it another half day;)

derbyflan Aug 15th 2007 8:17 am

Originally Posted by crispygirl (Post 5183107)
I thought the same as Mitzy, I was going to go for long romantic:wub: walks along the beach everyday, well in the summer I can't get near the beach, but I do get out in the winter but not as much as I should do:mad:

What I really love to do is to go at sun set in the spring/autumn/winter and sit at my fav bar with a coffee, sherry and my best friend (OH) and watch the sun go down, usually Mal and I are the only peeps sitting there we even go when it's raining and windy. As soon as the sun has gone down and our sherries finished the shutters start to go up and the tables are taken in side the bar:( we can take the hint and we go back home:)

Then what happens.......?????:o

crispy Aug 15th 2007 11:55 am

Originally Posted by derbyflan (Post 5191169)
Then what happens.......?????:o

Get thee back to Portugal you interloper......

derbyflan Aug 15th 2007 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by crispygirl (Post 5191860)
Get thee back to Portugal you interloper......

Come on......we're all waiting:D

Rosemary Aug 15th 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by derbyflan (Post 5191876)

Look on her other posts and you will see that she imitates her grandchildren imitating her.

Rosemary

crispy Aug 15th 2007 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by derbyflan (Post 5191876)

OK hoppa a long you have asked for this!! In the winter we go back home, the fire in the winter room is alight, we settle down on the sofa with our bottle of canasta (sherry to you) a plate of cheese from la mancha, a plate of mixed Jamon:), we put a play by Agatha Cristie on the cd player and we then do a puzzle.

Now some time during the evening I will go nut hunting as I am very partial to a nut, not fussy where my nuts are concerned, but my fav would have to be a cashew nuts but sometimes I can only find hazelnuts and then I am a little sad:( but then OH will surprise me and produce his walnuts nuts:ohmy: now that does make me very happy;)

Pam Sarky Aug 15th 2007 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by crispygirl (Post 5192052)
OK hoppa a long you have asked for this!! In the winter we go back home, the fire in the winter room is alight, we settle down on the sofa with our bottle of canasta (sherry to you) a plate of cheese from la mancha, a plate of mixed Jamon:), we put a play by Agatha Cristie on the cd player and we then do a puzzle.

Now some time during the evening I will go nut hunting as I am very partial to a nut, not fussy where my nuts are concerned, but my fav would have to be a cashew nuts but sometimes I can only find hazelnuts and then I am a little sad:( but then OH will surprise me and produce his walnuts nuts:ohmy: now that does make me very happy;)

You little monkey you ;)

crispy Aug 15th 2007 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 5191984)
Look on her other posts and you will see that she imitates her grandchildren imitating her.

Rosemary

OUCH!! Roasemary you know where to hit a girl to make her cry:lol:

crispy Aug 15th 2007 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky (Post 5192056)
You little monkey you ;)

Hey Pammy you made it 2,000 and it was to me:wub:

Pam Sarky Aug 15th 2007 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by crispygirl (Post 5192065)
Hey Pammy you made it 2,000 and it was to me:wub:

The way its going today I could be at 3000 posts very soon lol :lol: