Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

the things I have to do for my cat....

the things I have to do for my cat....

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default the things I have to do for my cat....

Ello all,

I'm moving to Galicia in September and am having a problem getting my cat over.

Ryanair don't accept pets. That takes the Liverpool to Santiago route out of the equation. I then thought of going into London and getting an iberia flight to La Coruna. It would seem the Iberia route is really a clickair route, they don't accept pets. I could go from London to Madrid and then Madrid to Santiago, but that would cost over £700, which is a bit steep.

At the moment my only option is to go with Air France from Manchester to Paris and then have a friend take me on from there. Hell of a journey though.

Anyone else any ideas?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:02 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: the things I have to do for my cat....

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Ello all,

I'm moving to Galicia in September and am having a problem getting my cat over.

Ryanair don't accept pets. That takes the Liverpool to Santiago route out of the equation. I then thought of going into London and getting an iberia flight to La Coruna. It would seem the Iberia route is really a clickair route, they don't accept pets. I could go from London to Madrid and then Madrid to Santiago, but that would cost over £700, which is a bit steep.

At the moment my only option is to go with Air France from Manchester to Paris and then have a friend take me on from there. Hell of a journey though.

Anyone else any ideas?
Catapault?

No pun intended!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:05 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Buy a white cane, wear dark glasses and put the cat on a lead, that might work
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

This comes up often, get it transported, we sent a rabbit and a guinea pig to UK 300 €`s.
They also do UK to Spain. HERE
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
This comes up often, get it transported, we sent a rabbit and a guinea pig to UK 300 €`s.
They also do UK to Spain. HERE
Tried them, they don't go to Galicia.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:55 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

I think Monarch allow pets in the cabin but I don´t know their routes.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

spaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to all

Anyone else any ideas?
Train... it might make for a really interesting trip that probably isn't that long
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 6:33 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I think Monarch allow pets in the cabin but I don´t know their routes.
Yes Monarch do fly pets, we flew our dog with them.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spaino
Train... it might make for a really interesting trip that probably isn't that long
Eurostar doesn't take pets :-(
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:22 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Eurostar doesn't take pets :-(
How about driving over via Eurotunnel............. that way you can keep your cat with you for the journey
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jandy44
How about driving over via Eurotunnel............. that way you can keep your cat with you for the journey
Considered it, but it certainly does add extra time to the journey. It's so frustrating because there is a direct flight!!! argh..
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:35 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by So John
Considered it, but it certainly does add extra time to the journey. It's so frustrating because there is a direct flight!!! argh..
Well unless you are in a hurry to get there ( starting a job or something ) enjoy the journey,it will take a couple of days but its a good drive with really nice scenery to take in,also plenty of stops for the cat.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Brittany Ferries - Plymouth to Santandar - not too far to drive then
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Brittany Ferries - Plymouth to Santandar - not too far to drive then
20 hour sail though and also I'm 300 miles from Plymouth now. When I arrive in Sanrander I will then have a 200 and odd mile drive.

So far it seems Air France to Paris is the best pet. Grrrr!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:29 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

We don’t think that either of the ferries to Santander or Bilbao takes pets because of the long journey.
But will you not need a car once you move here to Galicia? If so it may be best to drive down through France. We bought our cats from The Netherlands. We purposely booked hotels that took pets. You should have seen the receptionist’s faces when we turned up with cats and not the usual dogs.
If you have not booked your rental house you also have to beware that some do not like pets either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.