Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thieving Movistar

Thieving Movistar

Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thieving Movistar

My Movistar PAYG clearly tells me when my top up will expire if not used. It works via Vodafnne in UK ( this month) and if I remember rightly had no problems 4/5 yrs ago when I travelled to over 20 weird and wonderful countries.

When my husband died I forgot all about his personal Movistar PAYG sim and when I switched on the mobile the message told me top up now and I would not lose the existing balance.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Thieving Movistar

Originally Posted by jdr
Strange how mine even worked in Mexico then.
Maybe they have not contacted the supplier to allow roaming ?
Hi jdr how do you find yoigo I am just about to change from Movistar payg to Yoigo payg for the better rates. Looked at all three cheapies and was puzzled as to which to choose and then saw that Yoigo had opened a shop in Ayamonte so that swung it. (I like to be able to complain face to face). Who do yoigo piggyback on in Spain I doubt they have their own network?

We have just dropped our Tmobile contract phones in UK after about 20 years and gone PAYG with giffgaff who are owned by O2 so where there is a signal from O2 it is great and the cost is so low for phone and mobile internet. How is YOIGO for 3/4G and mobile internet?

All three of the cheapies HITS and YOIGO + Carrefore say it is easy to transfer your mobile number and I do know that in UK it is now down to about 3 days max for the transfer but whats it like here?
Old Apr 24th 2011, 11:44 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I have an Eroski payg which I use when I visit about 4 times a year last time as I had not topped it up for over 6 months couldn't use it. All I did was top it up 5 euros back working with my original remaining credit re instated. Suits me for my limited use.
Thanks for that Bob, I just checked their website and see it can be topped up and kept active from the UK, so it may well solve the problem for those other posters and possibly myself, if I lose this one with Happy Movil which has worked out quite reasonably up to now.
I'm not concerned about the texts, as I get mine free to the UK with my UK mobile subscription.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

This seems cheaper to use in Spain even though its a UK payg number!

http://www1.orange.co.uk/service_pla...mel_costs.html
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:07 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi jdr how do you find yoigo I am just about to change from Movistar payg to Yoigo payg for the better rates. Looked at all three cheapies and was puzzled as to which to choose and then saw that Yoigo had opened a shop in Ayamonte so that swung it. (I like to be able to complain face to face). Who do yoigo piggyback on in Spain I doubt they have their own network?

We have just dropped our Tmobile contract phones in UK after about 20 years and gone PAYG with giffgaff who are owned by O2 so where there is a signal from O2 it is great and the cost is so low for phone and mobile internet. How is YOIGO for 3/4G and mobile internet?

All three of the cheapies HITS and YOIGO + Carrefore say it is easy to transfer your mobile number and I do know that in UK it is now down to about 3 days max for the transfer but whats it like here?

I was once told that YOIGO was a cheap version of Movistar