Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

There, their, they're

There, their, they're

Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default There, their, they're

Please can people learn the differences between the variations. It makes it much easier to read people's postings.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There, their, they're

Sorry, not wanting to sound pompous.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad that it is not just me that gets rattled!
Tim
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Or was that,did'nt want to sound pompous
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

possibly didn't
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Sorry,typo
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:57 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

there always doing it, typically the ones over their on the other forum, I am off they're to see if it is still going on . . .

Originally Posted by billgates
Please can people learn the differences between the variations. It makes it much easier to read people's postings.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:00 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, not wanting to sound pompous.
Too late.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah ok, it may be nit-picking, but some of the most regular posters just don't seem to care (yes you lee8, among others). Maybe it's just me, but it means I have to read a posting several times to get the true meaning. Getting there/their/they're wrong completely changes the context of the sentence.
String 'em up, I say.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Your raising an important point. To many people come too this forum and dont use the right speling - it's danmed anoying. Their's no excuse - there simply not playing fare. Ill tell you something, when I was a lad, they're was no time for such nonesence - to much work too do. I think its to many people with to much thyme too drink whine, lazing in the son, you awl no how it is, makes ewe go nutz.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah ok, it may be nit-picking, but some of the most regular posters just don't seem to care (yes you lee8, among others). Maybe it's just me, but it means I have to read a posting several times to get the true meaning. Getting there/their/they're wrong completely changes the context of the sentence.
String 'em up, I say.

Some people can't spell as well as you obviously can. That doesn't mean that they should be frightened of posting, and it shouldn't really mean that they are named and humiliated on the forum. I don't really see any reason why we can't cut them some slack.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Floggings not good enough,mate
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default There, their, they're (again)

I can't believe my thread got moved to siesta-time so quickly. I'm trying to make a point here. Ok, maybe not that topical, but I'm sure there's a good few people on here that agree with me about the standard of English that's posted. Come on moderators, give it at least a few hours worth of air-time before you bin it; you never know, future threads may be a bit easier for all to follow.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Mitzyboy, have I humiliated someone?
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Some people can't spell as well as you obviously can. That doesn't mean that they should be frightened of posting, and it shouldn't really mean that they are named and humiliated on the forum. I don't really see any reason why we can't cut them some slack.
Qyte write,bad speelying doesnt make sumyuns opynion anee less valyd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.