Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

There is some good people around.

There is some good people around.

Old Apr 29th 2013, 7:09 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default There is some good people around.

''This is a homeless guy who lives on a bridge in Dublin City. Last week his rabbit was grabbed from him and thrown into the river below.. the River Liffey. Which is one of the most horrible rivers in Ireland. The currents are really strong and it’s filthy.. Anyway, as soon as the rabbit hit the water this guy was already hurdling off the bridge and towards the freezing river to save her. After hitting the water and successfully locating her, he proceeding to pump air back into her, making her regain consciousness and basically come back to life. I was talking to him today along with another woman and she asked “Why in the name of God did you jump into the water? Did you not think about it?!” and straight away he replied with “No. I didn’t stop to think. I just jumped. It was an instinct.. I needed to save her.”
For saving the rabbit, he was given the ‘compassionate citizen award’ by the charity Aran. The guy who threw the rabbit in the river has been charged with animal cruelty.

The homeless man was also given carrots for his rabbit and dog food for his dog. They also offered him a job.

This is a great man.
It sickens me that somebody would possess the cruelty to take something precious away from a man who already had nothing but her, and I am glad he was given justice.''
Attached Thumbnails There is some good people around.-305489_4717970302635_804695704_nxxxxxxxxx.jpg  
Old Apr 29th 2013, 9:35 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is some good people around.

He also has a nice looking Irish Jack Russell there.
I might even have dived in myself to save that one.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:39 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1204/356...yrne-homeless/
Old Apr 29th 2013, 11:39 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
He also has a nice looking Irish Jack Russell there.
I might even have dived in myself to save that one.
Pah! Any self-respecting Russell would have had that rabbit ages ago.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:29 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Pah! Any self-respecting Russell would have had that rabbit ages ago.
Good point.

I notice in the second clip that the Jack dog has disappeared and been replaced with some other poncy looking critter ?

Maybe he gets them given and sells them on, though that big fat rabbit should have been in a pie long ago, so I reckon the guy isn't exactly starving to death.

Having a pet with them is a common enough stunt used by these guys to attract attention and bring the money rolling in, whereas they wouldn't get a fraction of the sympathy and income just sitting there by themselves.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:53 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway - fair play to the bloke. I would hesitate to jump in there for a bunny...
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:06 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jimenato
Anyway - fair play to the bloke. I would hesitate to jump in there for a bunny...
Same here, but being the cynical old barsteward that I am, it did just cross my mind for one brief moment that their may also have been just a teeny weeny financial motivation for his actions.

Never mind, Happy ending, Happy Bunny.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:29 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Good news? It would have been better news if he had just cooked the rabbit up... I have friends up here who have made bloody good money begging with animals, one of them has repeated;y asked for my dog because she is so unusual and distinctive, he says he could, and I quote, "Coin it in" with her....
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:04 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Good news? It would have been better news if he had just cooked the rabbit up... I have friends up here who have made bloody good money begging with animals, one of them has repeated;y asked for my dog because she is so unusual and distinctive, he says he could, and I quote, "Coin it in" with her....
You could always rent her out for a cut of the profits.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

You could always rent her out for a cut of the profits.
She isn't the friendliest of dogs.... they say dogs take after their owners don't they?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:14 pm
On the road again.

She isn't the friendliest of dogs.... they say dogs take after their owners don't they?
Nuff said.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:17 pm
Straw Man.

Nuff said.
What you are looking for there, as a reply is, charming but unpredictable and bad tempered at times... right?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:52 pm
On the road again.

What you are looking for there, as a reply is, charming but unpredictable and bad tempered at times... right?
Not at all, just trying to be agreeable as usual.

Come to think of it ,my Mutt is one of the most friendly pleasant natured dogs anyone could ever wish to meet, so maybe there is a grain or two of truth in your theory.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 7:01 pm
Straw Man.

Not at all, just trying to be agreeable as usual.

Come to think of it ,my Mutt is one of the most friendly pleasant natured dogs anyone could ever wish to meet, so maybe there is a grain or two of truth in your theory.
Or maybe not....