British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Are there really expats like this in the CDS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/there-really-expats-like-cds-756353/)

Abyss-Rover Apr 27th 2012 8:27 am

Are there really expats like this in the CDS

My better half enjoys watching the tv program "Come dine with me". Last night there was one on More 4 and it was 4 people from the Marbella area.

Did anyone else see this and can they confirm that there are people like this living in this area of Spain?

jackytoo Apr 27th 2012 8:57 am

Re: Are there really expats like this in the CDS

It's only a TV programme, they don't actually choose normal people to take part:huh:

lynnxa Apr 27th 2012 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Abyss-Rover (Post 10028170)
My better half enjoys watching the tv program "Come dine with me". Last night there was one on More 4 and it was 4 people from the Marbella area.

Did anyone else see this and can they confirm that there are people like this living in this area of Spain?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...e+dine+with+me

Abyss-Rover Apr 27th 2012 9:31 am

Originally Posted by jackytoo (Post 10028202)
It's only a TV programme, they don't actually choose normal people to take part:huh:

TV it is, correct. But surely those people came from that area? So people like that must exist there!

Although I have to agree, they probably don't pick the most normal people from the bunch. Maybe like forums, they don't choose the people who take part!

Abyss-Rover Apr 27th 2012 9:32 am

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 10028206)

That's the one, can't watch it on line from here though :thumbdown:

lynnxa Apr 27th 2012 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Abyss-Rover (Post 10028274)
That's the one, can't watch it on line from here though :thumbdown:

it's probably available for download - I haven't looked

ukhozi Apr 27th 2012 12:46 pm

Unfortunatly there are such peopke in Marbella, (next door to me) but they don't live in the real world.

Leper Apr 28th 2012 6:27 am

Of course there are people like that living all over southern coastal Spain. I was just saying the same thing to Rod Stewart last night when I upstaged him in the local karaoke bar. "Lep" said Rod "you got the best voice in the business" - I already knew that (natch!) and only last week Nigella called for dinner and could not get over my unique Baked Alaska and demanded that I give her the recipe for her forthcoming television series.

I nearly made it to Come Dine With Me, but of course they had to settle with ordinary people.

Im_and_Er Apr 29th 2012 4:47 pm

There was a series last year called 'Little Britain' which focussed on people in the 'Dordogneshire' area of France.

There was one person in it that I knew quite well yet I hardly recognised him in the programme. I suppose some acting up is de rigeur in such situations.

Your 15 minutes of fame and all that !

sensationalfrog Apr 30th 2012 12:25 am

that guy goes in the bar where my wife works,and is quite normal and polite,its the rest of the ex pats you need to worry about

Domino Apr 30th 2012 6:49 am

Originally Posted by ukhozi (Post 10028502)
Unfortunatly there are such peopke in Marbella, (next door to me) but they don't live in the real world.

if they live next door to you and arent in the real world - must we assume you are also on another planet ??
:rofl:

jean1947 Apr 30th 2012 11:24 am

Advertisment for people in Alicante and Benidorm for June shows, dont all rush. :lol: