Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is there a Job seekers allowance in Spain

Is there a Job seekers allowance in Spain

Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:43 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a Job seekers allowance in Spain

Originally Posted by spain
you jest - there was a story a few years back of immigrants who were housed I think in Peckham, well the views werent what they were used to so they took the council to court and guess what..... they were moved to a place with a better view
Just goes to prove.....they all think they are on holiday!!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:44 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Just goes to prove.....they all think they are on holiday!!!
true
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:06 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spain
you jest - there was a story a few years back of immigrants who were housed I think in Peckham, well the views werent what they were used to so they took the council to court and guess what..... they were moved to a place with a better view
This looks like a tabloid story... I drive to work through Peckham everyday and there are NO good views. It's even worse when I have just returned from Spain.. I look in vain for the lovely pine trees, the cuddling storks and am met with inner city grime. My only consolation is that I don't actually live there. I reckon this is why the elderly Afro-Caribbean lady crossing the road was wearing a fluorescent green curly wig, at least she enlivened the landscape and made me smile.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi

Can you move to Spain and claim from the Spanish Government Job Seekers allowance when you get there ?

As is offered in Uk to all .Whilst trying to find a job.

hmmm no chance of that in Spain, my sisters tell me that if you lose your job and end up living in a carboard box then so be it- the goverment wont help.
and that the council houses there (casas de proteccion oficial) are only sold at reduced prices to people who actually work, if you are unemployed you cant even apply to get on the endless list!

You all made me laugh so much with your supermarket vouchers (do they really exist?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?).
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Charles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really nice

Yes, you get four months of benefits for every year worked.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:45 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

You all made me laugh so much with your supermarket vouchers (do they really exist?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?).

Yes Yes and more Yes

To add to this

Our friends have arrived from England , she is an ex primary school teacher, and some mornings goes in to her grandsons school to help with the reading classes. This is not an inner city school, but a very rural Leicestershire village. Her grandson told her very proudly that they had a new little girl in there class who is Polish and he was going to learn her language.
She then went in as usual to help, and she was met by a very large stern looking man, mid 40s, she asked who he was, she was told that he was the full time translator for the 4 year old.

Who is paying his wages ?, I have no problem with help, goodness it is every ones right, but I do think that a full time translator for one 4 year old is going a bit far. Schools in the Uk are run on a very tight budget, and I know that this area gets less per head than any other region in the UK.

I also understand that children in Spain get extra help. Can I ask a question, Has any one in Spain with children been given a full time translator ?
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9

Yes Yes and more Yes

To add to this

Our friends have arrived from England , she is an ex primary school teacher, and some mornings goes in to her grandsons school to help with the reading classes. This is not an inner city school, but a very rural Leicestershire village. Her grandson told her very proudly that they had a new little girl in there class who is Polish and he was going to learn her language.
She then went in as usual to help, and she was met by a very large stern looking man, mid 40s, she asked who he was, she was told that he was the full time translator for the 4 year old.

Who is paying his wages ?, I have no problem with help, goodness it is every ones right, but I do think that a full time translator for one 4 year old is going a bit far. Schools in the Uk are run on a very tight budget, and I know that this area gets less per head than any other region in the UK.

I also understand that children in Spain get extra help. Can I ask a question, Has any one in Spain with children been given a full time translator ?
No translators here, they are just put in class, but they soon learn ;-)
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:48 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
No translators here, they are just put in class, but they soon learn ;-)

There was a mention of translators on the BBC news yesterday, apparently over four million pounds a year is spent on translators in schools, job centres, hospitals and the like. The Government is having a clampdown now though by announcing no benefits for anyone who doesn't learn English. Wonder how long that will last before someone challenges the ruling as being against human rights! We also have informations leaflets (mainly on how to claim benefits) in quite a few languages. (Not sure if Spanish is included though)