Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Are there any horsey people

Are there any horsey people

Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:36 am
Just Joined

jillm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any horsey people

Hi, I will be moving from France to Spain with my 3 horses. We all originally came from UK. Can you let me know the cost of the following:- hay, straw, vets fees (for annual flu and tet), farrier. Also are there any other kind of injections they need. Do you suffer from ticks?

What websites do you buy your equestrian items from for either you or your horse.

Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there any horsey people

Originally Posted by jillm
Hi, I will be moving from France to Spain with my 3 horses. We all originally came from UK. Can you let me know the cost of the following:- hay, straw, vets fees (for annual flu and tet), farrier. Also are there any other kind of injections they need. Do you suffer from ticks?

What websites do you buy your equestrian items from for either you or your horse.

Thanks
Have a look HERE lol PM her.
You are not frightened of the rejas in Spain then ;-) ;-)

Last edited by jdr; Jun 16th 2007 at 2:44 am.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:54 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
To be fair that wasn't one of the most helpful threads on here was it?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
To be fair that wasn't one of the most helpful threads on here was it?
No but that was the only one search could find with the horsey ladies name on it. ;-)
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
No but that was the only one search could find with the horsey ladies name on it. ;-)
no I mean the people who answered the OP on that thread weren't that helpful.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:21 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Ha ha I don't believe you linked that

Cant help you with horsey stuff Jill .... fell off one when I was small and never recovered
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:09 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

We used to keep horses in the UK, but sold them along with the house when we moved over. So I´ll be no great help with what everything costs.

But a set of shoes depends on the type of course, our mate pays about 40 euros a set I think. I´ve only seen horses on shavings here - I guess straw isn´t so popular.

We tend to buy horsey stuff (for ourselves) from "hipica" shops rather than online.

There´s another horsey person who comes on here sometimes, her name is Geegeegirl. You could PM her for more specific info.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:12 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by keithwalters
We used to keep horses in the UK, but sold them along with the house when we moved over. So I´ll be no great help with what everything costs.

But a set of shoes depends on the type of course, our mate pays about 40 euros a set I think. I´ve only seen horses on shavings here - I guess straw isn´t so popular.

We tend to buy horsey stuff (for ourselves) from "hipica" shops rather than online.

There´s another horsey person who comes on here sometimes, her name is Geegeegirl. You could PM her for more specific info.
There are a couple of really good places in Jerez, bought quite a few bits from there last time we came.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:59 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple of really good places in Jerez, bought quite a few bits from there last time we came.

No doubt the same places that we go! Not sure where the OP is going to live though.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:50 pm
Straw Man.

Thanks
Right, for the first time, I shall be helpful.

Cut and paste this addy, you will have to sign in and register and all that but my OH is using it and it looks bloody good to be honest.

http://mariolaappies.proboards76.com
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:21 am
Straw Man.

Bump because I don't think jill has noticed!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:32 am
Straw Man.

I very much get the impression I am talking to myself here!!

Se why I don't help people!?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I very much get the impression I am talking to myself here!!

Se why I don't help people!?
I know the problem well ;-)
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

jillm is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Are there any horsey people

I have tried the website that i was told, not much information on there, doesnt seem to be alot of people registered with it.

Well it looks like my business in France can come to Spain. I sell horse equipement in France on the internet so may try it in Spain and see what happens. Worth a try anyway.

No advertising policy on the forum

Last edited by jdr; Jun 19th 2007 at 9:51 am. Reason: Removing ad. part of post.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:35 am
Straw Man.

and there lies the rub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.