Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thefts from cars

Thefts from cars

Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future
Default Thefts from cars

Hi,

Just thought i would let people know,as its the second time i have heard this happenening.

People visiting Esuri have had the cars broken into at the commercial centre in town,if like us we go straight there from the airport to stock up,and have bags and personal stuff in the car.

We only bring carry on bags so they are normally out of sight in the boot,but just beware leaving cases and bags on show,one guy who we met had his laptop stolen along with passport and other stuff,which makes life very awkward,he actually moved his stuff to the boot but done it in the car park,so can only presume people are looking out for an easy touch.

And have just heard from our neighbours who are Dutch that they also had the car broken into,in May. Taking the appt keys as well as other stuff.

So be carefull and enjoy your visit,

Ken.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:09 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thefts from cars

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Hi,

Just thought i would let people know,as its the second time i have heard this happenening.

People visiting Esuri have had the cars broken into at the commercial centre in town,if like us we go straight there from the airport to stock up,and have bags and personal stuff in the car.

We only bring carry on bags so they are normally out of sight in the boot,but just beware leaving cases and bags on show,one guy who we met had his laptop stolen along with passport and other stuff,which makes life very awkward,he actually moved his stuff to the boot but done it in the car park,so can only presume people are looking out for an easy touch.

And have just heard from our neighbours who are Dutch that they also had the car broken into,in May. Taking the appt keys as well as other stuff.

Ken.
Good info...a lot of common sense really isnt it..

Being in/from Wigan you should know all about cars getting broken into and stolen...

I think my dads car got nicked from there twice...(of course it did turn up in the thievery capital of the world...Liverpool)..
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Ken.
Hi Ken

Needless to say on my latest trip no bags went to Mercadona with me
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Hi,

Ken.
And also pick pockets in Mercadonna reported on here last week.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by guesswork
Hi Ken

Needless to say on my latest trip no bags went to Mercadona with me
Hi Mike,

At least you won't be driving to lisbon again for a new passport!,you out there already,thought it would be September when you were back?

Ken.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike,

At least you won't be driving to lisbon again for a new passport!,you out there already,thought it would be September when you were back?

Ken.
Hi Ken

I returned home on Weds but I am back in September. The passport was Portimao
Old Jul 17th 2010, 10:15 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Hi Ken

I returned home on Weds but I am back in September. The passport was Portimao
Too much information, especially with pictures on your signature.