Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thanks BE! You saved me a problem.

Thanks BE! You saved me a problem.

Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:48 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks BE! You saved me a problem.

I read a while back here that gas engineers were cruising looking for gas users to let them in, whereupon the hapless victim would end up with a massive bill.

Well, we had one of these turn up at the gate today asking to see our gas installation. I asked him if he had any official papers obliging that we allowed him entrance, and he replied that we had to have our gas tubing checked. I smiled sweetly, thanked him for the reminder and said that I would phone my own gas guy immediately.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks BE! You saved me a problem.

Originally Posted by bil
I read a while back here that gas engineers were cruising looking for gas users to let them in, whereupon the hapless victim would end up with a massive bill.

Well, we had one of these turn up at the gate today asking to see our gas installation. I asked him if he had any official papers obliging that we allowed him entrance, and he replied that we had to have our gas tubing checked. I smiled sweetly, thanked him for the reminder and said that I would phone my own gas guy immediately.
Well done bil.

Wish I'd had my thinking head on when it happened to us last year!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:12 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well done bil.

Wish I'd had my thinking head on when it happened to us last year!
Well, like I say, had I not read it here, I might have let the sob in!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:39 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Well, like I say, had I not read it here, I might have let the sob in!
If you see him again, take the car registration and report them to the police
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

They have lots of warnings here about them, but they prey on catching holiday makers or renters who do not know the score and still catch a lot.
A guy near us owns a place but only holidays in it and got caught a couple of weeks ago, 300€`s but he only had about 30 on him and the guy said he would return the next day, but he never turned up for the balance.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:50 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

This happened to us when we were renting in a small village I walked into the house as they were talking to my husband and heard what they were saying so I turned round and went into the farmacia a couple of doors down. We were friendly with the farmacia and he came back with me and spoke to the blokes, they left very quickly but he didn't tell us what he said, just that it was a trick to extort money from us.