Reload this Page >

Thai spouse resident in Spain, visit with Brit spouse to UK

Thai spouse resident in Spain, visit with Brit spouse to UK

Old Sep 13th 2012, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

ElaineGon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thai spouse resident in Spain, visit with Brit spouse to UK

Hi, has anyone any recent experience?

I am Filipino national living for past 6 years, in Spain with my British husband, who has never worked in Spain. We want to visit UK together.

I have searched the internet but cannot see any conditions that apply exactly to my position.

Has anyone in my position visited UK recently?

Thanks Elaine

PS Opps, forgot to edit the title from Thai to Filipino
Old Sep 13th 2012, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thai spouse resident in Spain, visit with Brit spouse to UK

Originally Posted by ElaineGon

I was going to say, do you not know what nationality you are?

Are you legally married, if so according to which laws? Spain, UK, Thai, Filipino?

And are you legally resident in Spain?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

ElaineGon is an unknown quantity at this point

Married in Philippines, my husband gets increased pension for me as a dependent relative and I get full health cover via UK, So yes registered as married with DWP

I have permanent resident status in Spain (Schengen Area) that is why I am able to live here for 6 years.

Do I know what nationality I am mmmmmm ..... that's hardly cricket Cricketman

khob-kun-Ka

salamat sa iyo

Last edited by ElaineGon; Sep 13th 2012 at 11:28 am.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I am Filipino national living for past 6 years, in Spain with my British husband, who has never worked in Spain. We want to visit UK together.

I have searched the internet but cannot see any conditions that apply exactly to my position.

Thanks Elaine

you need to get a visa to visit the UK if you hold a Philippines passport

have a look at this- it should answer any other questions you have

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/view/visa.form
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You need a visa to visit the UK.

Go to this page and fill in the "Do I need a visa" section

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:50 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You need a visa to visit the UK.

Go to this page and fill in the "Do I need a visa" section

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
that would be the link I posted 4 hours ago
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Elaine

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
that would be the link I posted 4 hours ago
Yes, I thought it was but when I click on your link it does not work (for me anyway)
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:45 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes, I thought it was but when I click on your link it does not work (for me anyway)
how strange - it's OK for me

the OP has a choice now!!
Old Sep 14th 2012, 11:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
how strange - it's OK for me

the OP has a choice now!!
she's right - it brings up a message saying Page Not Found

try http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...u-need-a-visa/

the main section is
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/