Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tethering and good mobile phone provider for data

Tethering and good mobile phone provider for data

Old Jul 5th 2017, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

JamesCT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tethering and good mobile phone provider for data

I'm hoping to get wifi by tethering it from my mobile phone, as I do in the UK. I can't work out from the websites that I've visited if that's possible on contracts available in Spain. Does anyone know whether it's possible to use portable-WiFi and who is good provider for it? Or which provider is the best for data usage on mobiles?
Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Yorick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tethering and good mobile phone provider for data

As it 'appens, I've just asked the same question on another forum LOL

Keep an eye on this...

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...pe-now.156264/
Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:52 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesCT
I'm hoping to get wifi by tethering it from my mobile phone, as I do in the UK. I can't work out from the websites that I've visited if that's possible on contracts available in Spain. Does anyone know whether it's possible to use portable-WiFi and who is good provider for it? Or which provider is the best for data usage on mobiles?
Thanks
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 5th 2017, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Catalonia, about 6kms from the sea and 2km from a town of 45K people.
Our 4G coverage is OK less than 5% of the working day. 3G coverage is OK for 30% of the working day. Outside those periods there is NO 4G or 3G coverage with Movistar at least. ADSL varies from 1MBt/s weekday nights to 3KBt/s (3KBt/s not a Typo!!) weekends. 2G works fine with Movistar and Orange. 900MHz with Orange is strangely missing in most of Spain even though it is a license requirement!!!!!!!
Check out the coverage from Movistar et al in the area you want to go to. Outside of cities it is crap due to lack of fibre infrastructure. Good luck
Old Jul 6th 2017, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Google "4g coverage maps for Spain" and check suppliers coverage for your area.