Test BTP

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:31 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Test BTP

Need some help here as I am taking a BTP test tomorrow.
The exam is in English but my studymaterial only available in Castellano!

So can anyone help translate the following please...........

Luz de Cruce
Luz de Carretera
Luz de Posicíon
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Test BTP

Originally Posted by Jur
Need some help here as I am taking a BTP test tomorrow.
The exam is in English but my studymaterial only available in Castellano!

So can anyone help translate the following please...........

Luz de Cruce
Luz de Carretera
Luz de Posicíon
Are they in sentences or just a list like that. ?

Crossing light
Road light
Position light
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:52 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by jdr
Are they in sentences or just a list like that. ?

Crossing light
Road light
Position light
Nope, on a car, headlights.

It´s like cruising lights, road lights and I think the last one is something like a mist/fog light. But I need to know the correct English names and google is not my friend today.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:56 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Its Full beam, main (Dipped) beam and side light in the UK.

Translation is difficult without the meaning.

Full beam very bright when you pull the stork back, Dipped being for normal night driving and side light for low visibility and half the amount of light of dipped.

Luz de Cruz- Side Light
Luz de Carreta-Dipped
Luz de Posicion-Main beam.

But i could be wrong, so not 100%, about 75% sure I`m right.

Last edited by chulo; Oct 22nd 2009 at 1:03 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Nope, on a car, headlights.

It´s like cruising lights, road lights and I think the last one is something like a mist/fog light. But I need to know the correct English names and google is not my friend today.
I would pop to the local garage and ask the mechanic as it gets very confusing, so many different ones.

Headlights: luces/faros
- dipped headlights : luces cortas:
- full beam: luces largas:
- Indicators: intermitentes
- Parking lights: luces de estacionamiento
- Fog lights: luces de niebla
- Back lights: luces de atrás
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:34 pm
Jur

I Know!

Thanks anyway for helping out guys.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:00 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Good luck.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:25 pm
Jur

Still breaking my head over this.....Does this sound right?

Luz de Cruce: Citylights/cruiselights
Luz de Carretera: Normal beam
Luz de Posicíon: Big Beam or bright beam

Again, these are the lights on a car and what kind of light they give. How are they called in correct English. Help!!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 6:17 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Jur
Still breaking my head over this.....Does this sound right?

Luz de Cruce: Citylights/cruiselights
Luz de Carretera: Normal beam
Luz de Posicíon: Big Beam or bright beam

Again, these are the lights on a car and what kind of light they give. How are they called in correct English. Help!!
The trouble is they don`t really convert to English as it is gobble de gook.

British lights are :

Side lights: small white lights at front and red at rear, were also known as parking lights.
Dipped headlights: mainbeam dipped to stop dazzling oncoming drivers.
Head lights: main beam for distance.

also Fog lights and Reversing lights, but not on your list.
hth.

Good luck with the test.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
The trouble is they don`t really convert to English as it is gobble de gook.

British lights are :

Side lights: small white lights at front and red at rear, were also known as parking lights.
Dipped headlights: mainbeam dipped to stop dazzling oncoming drivers.
Head lights: main beam for distance.

also Fog lights and Reversing lights, but not on your list.
hth.

Good luck with the test.
Just to clarify, on many (most?) modern cars, sidelights are no longer a separate small white light at the front, they are more often a smaller bulb within the main headlight construction and, as has been said, serve as a parking light. The red light at the rear is the same as with dipped headlights or full/main beam.

Last edited by fionamw; Oct 23rd 2009 at 11:07 am. Reason: Just realised I may have been 'after the fact' - how did you get on?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:36 am
Jur

Originally Posted by fionamw
Just to clarify, on many (most?) modern cars, sidelights are no longer a separate small white light at the front, they are more often a smaller bulb within the main headlight construction and, as has been said, serve as a parking light. The red light at the rear is the same as with dipped headlights or full/main beam.
Failed! Turned out you can do theoretical exams for class B, C and D in English, German, and French. I´m after the BTP authorisation which allows one to drive taxis, ambulances, policecars and firedept.vehicles. Had to to the test in Spanish and got to many mistakes due to the technical Spanish used in the test.

One question made me wonder: On which wheeels do you put snowchains?
A) Front wheels
B) Rear wheels
C) Powered wheels
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Failed! Turned out you can do theoretical exams for class B, C and D in English, German, and French. I´m after the BTP authorisation which allows one to drive taxis, ambulances, policecars and firedept.vehicles. Had to to the test in Spanish and got to many mistakes due to the technical Spanish used in the test.

One question made me wonder: On which wheeels do you put snowchains?
A) Front wheels
B) Rear wheels
C) Powered wheels
Bad luck. Without checking I guessed it would be on the powered wheels, and Wikipedia seems to agree - though elsewhere I saw that you could put 4 on, if you've only got 2 they should be on the drive wheels. So Front, Back, depends which wheels drive!

Were you told how much you'd have to revise to do it again?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:59 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by fionamw
Bad luck. Without checking I guessed it would be on the powered wheels, and Wikipedia seems to agree - though elsewhere I saw that you could put 4 on, if you've only got 2 they should be on the drive wheels. So Front, Back, depends which wheels drive!

Were you told how much you'd have to revise to do it again?
Nope, Luckily the 2nd attempt is free of charge!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
I´m after the BTP authorisation which allows one to drive taxis, ambulances, policecars and firedept.vehicles.
I'm glad you posted that explanation I never understood what BTP was.

Mine lapsed last year ( I could have taken a new medical )

I got it from my UK licencewhich was only for cars and motorcycles.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:26 pm
Jur

Passed it !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.