Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tenant Eviction Nightmare -Part 2

Tenant Eviction Nightmare -Part 2

Old Aug 28th 2021, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

DOWNANDOUT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tenant Eviction Nightmare -Part 2

We're so helpless because the Spanish Govt create laws that trap us into a legal nightmare and extort money from us for 2 years while allowing these scumbags to take over our property , steal our belongings while also destroy our livelihoods and mental health.

The other option is dealing with dubious anti-okupas companies that might be in cahoots with the squatters themselves (feeding off each other) to also extort money from us.

We don't see or hear much about Spanish homeowners being squatted in so is there a different law being applied to them? Or do the Spanish just kick them out while the Police turn a blind eye ? The Police seem a lot keener to warn foreign property owners that they will be prosecuted if they take the law into their own hands.
Old Aug 28th 2021, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...s-58310532.amp
The heavies evicting the squatters in Spain.
Old Aug 28th 2021, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Get in touch with those lads they will sort you problem out. €3500.
Old Aug 28th 2021, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Look back six posts and four posts.
Old Aug 28th 2021, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Madness what is going on in Atm.
Old Aug 28th 2021, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips View Post
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...s-58310532.amp
The heavies evicting the squatters in Spain.

Was covered in the report a few posts ago.

And to me it smacks of 'supply and demand'

What a great way to make money.

Squatters enter a house, along comes a company who can make them disappear for a few €, money changes hand, house empty.

Start the music lets play musical squatters.

I would agree that the current system is not adequate, but its the system in this country. You can't compare it to any other place.
Squatting is big business in all countries (even the UK) but like most people I have no idea how it can be stopped.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej View Post

Squatters enter a house, along comes a company who can make them disappear for a few €, money changes hand, house empty.

I would agree that the current system is not adequate, but its the system in this country. You can't compare it to any other place.
Squatting is big business in all countries (even the UK) but like most people I have no idea how it can be stopped.
I do t believe it will ever truly be resolved, not when people choose to steal when work for something.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Barriej View Post

Spain has a big problem atm with squatters. Even bank repossessions are being squatted in. I’ve heard stories of people moving gypsy families into vacant properties.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips View Post
Spain has a big problem atm with squatters. Even bank repossessions are being squatted in. I’ve heard stories of people moving gypsy families into vacant properties.
maybe it’s time for a Spexit to take back control of their borders 😂😂😂😂😂
Old Aug 31st 2021, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by breakfasttea View Post
maybe it’s time for a Spexit to take back control of their borders 😂😂😂😂😂
politics don’t stop people coming. Look at how many illegal immigrants are coming to the UK daily. Can’t stop people from coming to your country if they really want to come.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 5:16 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

In the case of the UK they could if they wished to, but its clear they (those at the top) do not.
Lets imagine that instead of inflatables they were using Toyotas and were armed how long would they just be allowed to cross over. ?
Old Aug 31st 2021, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine having a land border and having waves and waves of them coming - they call them "caravans" as the line stretches kilometres... So much so that they wanted to build a wall..
Old Sep 1st 2021, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a bit off topic now isn't it? How did we go from nightmare to immigrants? The tenant eviction is complete. Now it's a foreign owned vacant property with an unlocked door waiting for the owners to decide whether to sell up or risk the nightmare continuing. The likelihood is that the squatters have no idea that they are squatting and the non migrant neighbour is illegally letting it to them, creating two sets of victims.

As an aside, some people on here could do with an insight into immigation, especially as those of us legally here are immigrants, the 90/180 gang are possibly illegal immigrants and the rest are considering one of the options in the future. As for the caravans of illegals across the pond, let's not forget the US government 'allow' them to work illegally without a social security number but insist they pay tax through their ITIN reference. In simple terms the illegal immigrant works illegally for less than the minimum wage and pays tax but is not given access to the state provided assistance paid for by their taxes. Why would they do that? Because whilst they are applying for residency they need to prove that they have made a contribution to the state. Also, maybe because the illegal immigrant rents property from the same people who don't want them there and the IRS would prefer that the income is declared and taxed. Lesson over. Howework is to think about how this relates to EU migrants, non-EU migrants, the NIE and tax
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

DOWNANDOUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to our misery , this is what our lawyer said:
  • That our ex-tenant may press charges against my brother for assault - possible prosecution
  • If the tenant has re-occupied our flat - we would have to go through the whole eviction process again but this time it will be a criminal offence (In reality the Courts will just pat him on the hand and say "bad boy don't do it again")
  • That our appeal (we paid our lawyer 1k for this) has failed for offsetting the 11k tenant owes us against our failed 1st eviction where the judge levied 4.7k costs against us. The courts have judged that the 4.7k is a debt for the 'ex-tenants' legal-aid lawyer fees and has no relationship to the tenant.
  • That the courts will now raise an embargo on our flat and auction it off unless we can pay it (even up to day of auction).
I've worked out all the costs we've paid throughout the 4 years and its seems we will spend about 21k before even stepping into our property again and being able to sell it (that will cost about 7.8k with taxes ,etc) . The sale price might be about 65k so we'll probably end up with a profit of £36k .

I'm not going to let the scum ex-tenant and his family get ownership of our flat either by criminal means or via a repossession auction.

Last edited by DOWNANDOUT; Sep 3rd 2021 at 3:12 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

That's a lot of money on top of the stress. It sounds like you're in a spiral of self destruction, determined to fight a losing battle no matter the cost to your health or bank balance. Never get emotional about an investment property, especially if you have no intention of living there. Please go and speak to a financial advisor with the basic details, I'm sure they will advise you to quit whilst you're still ahead as there's 36k profit even after all the hassle. It's a better situation than it could be, you could be counting losses instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.