Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

tellitec internet users feedback

tellitec internet users feedback

Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default tellitec internet users feedback

hello, anyone out there using the above - not the dial up service - but the broadband equivalent.

I think its 30e per month & just wonder if the service is any good & reliable.

Also, as it is for people with no landline do you get a 96 fixed line number? IE, can Telefonica users on a free intra Spain call package call the Tellitec number for free?

Thanks, any advice good or bad appreciated.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

pixikins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tellitec internet users feedback

Hi there - I use Telitec (only one "l") so don't know if it's the same as the one you're talking about. I use it for broadband only (39 euros a month) but do have my calls routed through their company, which uses Telefonica lines but gives slightly cheaper call rates.

I was told you can get pure wireless telephones, for those people who have no Telefonica line connections. However, was advised that the quality isn't so good because we rely on continuous sound when talking to people and sometimes the signal gets broken in the ether

The speed of my connection varies but, overall, it's infinitely better than the service I received from Telefonica which didn't work for a lot of the time.

I've found the Telitec people easy to talk to and they have a reasonable (in English) support service in place.

Hope this is useful.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

We are in your area and have used tellitec broadband for a year now... seems OK and fairly reliable (no complaints from the guests anyway).
Don't know anything about the 'telephone' side of it though ...
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

I nearly used their internet service but I had to ditch the idea as they don't allow any P2P file sharing on the network. And apparently they will come round and stamp on your internet if you try.

So should be fine for general surfing and e-mail but not for heavy use.

Ste,
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
I nearly used their internet service but I had to ditch the idea as they don't allow any P2P file sharing on the network. And apparently they will come round and stamp on your internet if you try.

So should be fine for general surfing and e-mail but not for heavy use.

Ste,
but if you only get 500mpbs at the moment why bother with p2p, you be better off downloading from usenet, I doubt they would be able to block that
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Hi andy,
I like using torrents to be honest. So far, it seems to be the defacto way to get big files and newsgroups scare me.

I don't think telitec like you using their bandwidth so any downloading is prohibited. Sustained bandwidth usage is flagged and stopped. AFAIK anyway. Something about the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Ste.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Splatt
Hi andy,
I like using torrents to be honest. So far, it seems to be the defacto way to get big files and newsgroups scare me.

I don't think telitec like you using their bandwidth so any downloading is prohibited. Sustained bandwidth usage is flagged and stopped. AFAIK anyway. Something about the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Ste.
each to there own mate. Torrents I dont like find way too slow, I THIONK once you use newsgroups I dont think there is any going back, its a lot simpler now aswell with NZB Files you can search for on Newzbin, and you can download from PAYG servers so it shouldnt affect your ISP. If you want to have a go at it just PM me.

Enjoy the rest of your day