Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tell me what's really different.

Tell me what's really different.

Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:29 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me what's really different.

Originally Posted by agoreira
Or "cotorreos" even!
Where the F..k did I get that from? I think -I was taught somewhere in one of my Spanish classes that there is no doublle T is Spanish......

Thank you most kindly for showing me the error of my ways..... I shall do a runner before the teachers and other Spanish peeps see that

Would I be belived if I said it was a typo?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I cant believe that you can be allowed to be so unbelieveably rude or that you can actually be unpleasant enough to post something like that on a public forum. Old member or not, you really dont show yourself to be any better.

Jo
Come on jo, read some of his posts, even the one about brit women, or where he called me a retard, has he not been rude just to wind people up.
If he gets upset about the truth he shouldn`t upset other people.
Read matts posts and you may see the light.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:34 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Or "cotorreos" even!
Do you give "calses particulares" in Spanish?

If so, pencil me in.......and Ill get back to you...
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Do you give "calses particulares" in Spanish?

If so, pencil me in.......and Ill get back to you...
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

[SIZE="6"]

Would I be belived if I said it was a typo?
Un gazapo? Certainly you would, done it myself enough times! Couldn't resist, but then I knew you'd take it the way it was meant, very much tongue in cheek! Now, about those clases....
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:23 pm
Banned

Un gazapo? Certainly you would, done it myself enough times! Couldn't resist, but then I knew you'd take it the way it was meant, very much tongue in cheek! Now, about those clases....
What a great word GAZAPO, there are some restaurants that make really good ones and others not so tasty.

Ready when you are...... Just need to stock up on rubbers.....althought I have suspected for a while that I may be a bit dyslecsic, I was banned from the local Devil worshippers group because I sold my soul to SANTA.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

What a great word GAZAPO, there are some restaurants that make really good ones and others not so tasty.
So you are partial to a bit of young conejo!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:12 pm
Banned

So you are partial to a bit of young conejo!
Could this be used against me at some time in the future?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:04 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Come on jo, read some of his posts, even the one about brit women, or where he called me a retard, has he not been rude just to wind people up.
If he gets upset about the truth he shouldn`t upset other people.
Read matts posts and you may see the light.
Now you're sounding like my son when I tell him off for being rude to his sister!!! "...but she started it"!!!!!

Posts on here would be much easier to read if people simply rose above the insults and continued with the discussions

Jo xxxx
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:19 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo

Posts on here would be much easier to read if people simply rose above the insults and continued with the discussions
My thoughts exactly.

If this thread does not get back on topic or if there are any more of these petty personal posts I will close the thread.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:28 am
Banned

The on off light switches that are on both sides of the headboard in bedrooms.
In the UK we could only switch the light off from the switch by the door.

It is convenient in one way but limits the way you can lay your bedroom out.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The on off light switches that are on both sides of the headboard in bedrooms.
In the UK we could only switch the light off from the switch by the door.

It is convenient in one way but limits the way you can lay your bedroom out.
They must be listening to you, we were looking at a new build recently, and I've never seen so many switches and plugs. If you used them all, the bill would bankrupt you!
Talking of electricity, it stays online in UK, I don't need a UPS system, or a mini power station backup, to handle the frequent outages.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the very opposite of your opinion about Spanish and money.

For most Spanish the subject of money is taboo, in all walks of life.

If you every try to phone about aproperty for sale by the owners, they will not tell you the price, they will want to see you for a viewing, and will show you everything about the house before getting down to the nitty gritty of the price.

The same goes for rentals, I am not talking about rentals from an agent but owners.

I have seen lots of cars for sale in Spain and the UK with a notice taped to the side window with the contact detail, phone number etc in both countries, but you will hardly every see the asking price writted on the Spanish car, unless the owner is foreign generally.

Job section in the local papers in Spain, hardly ever put the salary, and you are expected to go for an interview before they will tell you, which could be complete waste of time as the job might pay less than you are already earning, but there is no other way to find out without attending the interview.

And even when the Spanish do open up about monmey most will still talk in pesetas, eg I am selling it for 5 million.

You never hear the British talk in shilling and pence.

The people in the Axarquia area must be an exception, then! I haven't had occasion to ring a Spanish person to enquire about a house for sale, but our number is currently on a Se Vende sign for a house we are trying to sell for a friend. We have had a number of calls from Spanish people and every one has wanted to know the price - in fact only one bothered to ask a different question as their opening gambit, with all the others it was the first thing they wanted to know!

I have found the same thing, though, with people still talking about house prices in pesetas and it completely throws me - I have absolutely no idea how many euros a million pesetas would equate to. You may not hear British people talking about pounds, shillings and pence any more, but they certainly did for quite a few years following decimalisation, particularly the older people. Maybe it just needs a bit more time for the memory of pesetas to fade away, or maybe not if the euro collapses!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

Spain has the worst customer service in the world. In Jerez not long ago, I sat down at a bar/restaurant with a British friend and we were speaking in English.
I was then asked "¿Qué?" from a young lady chav waitress. She meant, what would I like to eat, drink etc.
Needless to say, I couldn't hold back

This type of language I would only accept from a friend, as in "¿Qué?" when it means "What's new?etc."
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goaty
Spain has the worst customer service in the world. In Jerez not long ago, I sat down at a bar/restaurant with a British friend and we were speaking in English.
I was then asked "¿Qué?" from a young lady chav waitress. She meant, what would I like to eat, drink etc.
Needless to say, I couldn't hold back

This type of language I would only accept from a friend, as in "¿Qué?" when it means "What's new?etc."
I couldnt disagree more

If the waiter/shop assistent doesn't like you, you get bad service, if they do, you get great service. A lot of the reactions to English people are due to whether the waitress thinks you are disrespecting them.

I'd rather people were honest with their emotions rather then being all fake smiles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.