Reload this Page >

tell me some good things about hondon

tell me some good things about hondon

Old May 15th 2008, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Vance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tell me some good things about hondon

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
hattiejaques let us know if you have been well and truly put off Hondon!
I have not been put off by some of the comments.It seems that the people who live in the area or who have holiday homes there are happy.What attracted you to the area and are you happy with your decision to purchase there?
Old May 15th 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

We simply went by insinct. I have to say we didn't go big time researching the area although we did speak to a couple already living there who were very happy. I do have times when I wonder if we are doing the right thing of course! But, as you say, others who live there/have bought a hoiday home there seem to be quite contented.
No doubt there will be teething problems, but that can happen other places too.
I did like the fact there was plenty space around the houses...
And we loved the peace and quiet.
It just seemed to fit the bill for us, but no doubt we will find out lots more when we stay there, good and bad!
Good Luck
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:50 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

And another good thing about Hondón is the farmers are just harvesting the Almond Groves with a brilliant tracker attachment that unfurls it's 'net' around the tree trunk, shakes the tree and the almonds fall into the net. The net folds back in but 'tips' the collected almonds in to a hopper. Brilliant.

Last year the same farmer did it the old fashioned and manual way - hit the tree with long sticks and the falling almonds are collected in a net under the tree (a bit like Olive collection).

Can I heck as Google a picture to show you.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:53 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
- What is the television reception like? - Generally good (depends where you are, line of site). There is a new provider now with a small micro-dish (so no more 3M flying saucers !!!) Yippee! By all reports this is quite good - about 600 install/kit and 20€ p.m.
Well how things have changed... this guy has suffered loss of most UK channels like they have on the coast - so a lot of people paid good money for a very poor service... and I nearly got one !!

So it's probably wise to get a Sky Card whilst in the UK and bring it over - get the BIG dish and then OK.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:24 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Well how things have changed... this guy has suffered loss of most UK channels like they have on the coast - so a lot of people paid good money for a very poor service... and I nearly got one !!

So it's probably wise to get a Sky Card whilst in the UK and bring it over - get the BIG dish and then OK.
where is hondon and where is the nearest town or city
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:51 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by betris
where is hondon and where is the nearest town or city
Costa Blanca South. Inland, Nearby is Elche (20mins), Torrevieja (45mins), Alicante (30mins). Hondon Valley is a typical Spanish rural scene of Mountains and Agricultural land growing Grapes, Almonds, Oranges, Olives, Figs and Pears.

Very low and peaceful really.

GOOGLE MAP
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:48 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Costa Blanca South. Inland, Nearby is Elche (20mins), Torrevieja (45mins), Alicante (30mins). Hondon Valley is a typical Spanish rural scene of Mountains and Agricultural land growing Grapes, Almonds, Oranges, Olives, Figs and Pears.

Very low and peaceful really.

GOOGLE MAP
thanks just looked at it.I know the area from the days when you only had the old national road.but I couldnt place hondon vally.nice area

Last edited by betris; Sep 16th 2008 at 10:14 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

bchapl is an unknown quantity at this point

Just joined this thread - sorry to have missed all the fun!
Who the hell is this bloke, bokeh? Totally agree with Big Mac that he's obviously a real sad case. And what is this about it takes 40 mins to get to Alicante - is he going by donkey? And what's wrong with single lane carriageways? The roads in the Hondon area are fine - and, by the way, it takes me 15 mins to get to Aspe and 20 to get to Elche - as GrapeEater correctly states.
Vance, don't be put off by the negative comments. I, for one, am very glad that we bought in Hondon - we looked at other places, obviously, but there's just something about Hondon that appealed to us and, judging by the comments on this thread, to others too.
Hope everyone living in the two Hondons and surrounding areas are enjoying life in this tranquil idyll.
All the best,
bchapl