Tell me, the hidden gem is?

Tell me, the hidden gem is?

Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Benchristie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tell me, the hidden gem is?

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Poollounger,

About two years ago Kath and I were staying at the Almadraba Hotel in the centre of Conil in February and it was warm enough to take breakfast on the roof each day, mind you it was a late breakfast !

The views to Trafalgar were great.

Regards,

John.
Hi,I wouldn't say it was that much different around the Valencia region,Christmas day was 22! It does get bitter at night though!
All the best
Ben
Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:42 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Benchristie
HI
We have just moved to Pla de corrals nr Xativa,it is beautiful
Try this site
www.spanishconnectionpla.com
All the best
Ben Christie
hi ben, you live near me then, i live in barxeta just up road fm you, i must say it is lovely all round here isnt it. have you tried menu del dias at rosas, great food at about 5 euros,pat
Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Benchristie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
hi ben, you live near me then, i live in barxeta just up road fm you, i must say it is lovely all round here isnt it. have you tried menu del dias at rosas, great food at about 5 euros,pat
Hi,yes i have actually,its great isnt it. We have bought a place on the road between You and Pla de corrals.My partner Leanne has her sister on that road and her mum and step father live right by the bar! We are renting in the village untill i have built our new place. It is beautiful around there,but im concerned about finding work there,i`m still young(ish)37 but i think the language barrier will be a problem for some time. I am back in the uk at the mo and have realised how much i love it there and i hope our dream will continue,but when the money runs out and all that! Myself and my brother inlaw hope to find building work,and i am a highly experienced musician and hope to find work in that area too,but not holding my breath.
All the best
Ben
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

lindacooper147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Watch out over this, if you do that you will have to be fully registered as a business. There have been recent tales of someone having their house broken into while they were in the UK. The insurance company refused to pay out because the president of their urbanisation had a key and used to check the property every so often, He was the one who informed the police of the break in and told them he had keys. He is now facing prosecution for running and unregistered business, and they have had to replace all stolen items out of their own pocket. They are now having the property looked after by a registered property management company.
Just seen this post - did this person have holiday home insurance? If they did then surely this would cover a local agent having a key to the house, whether they were a registered business or not?
Old Aug 16th 2006, 6:45 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindacooper147
Just seen this post - did this person have holiday home insurance? If they did then surely this would cover a local agent having a key to the house, whether they were a registered business or not?
They report in the paper said they house was insured, but as they had left a key with a neighbour who was looking after the property when they were not there, the insurance company invalidated the insurance, and the man was being investigated with a view to prosecuting him for not having a license but still looking after empty property. It seems that if you are being paid for this, as the man was, he was classed as being an agent, and without the correct license he was 'working' illegally. He was, in fact, the president of the urbanization, but that made no difference. I assume from what was written that he was making sure everything was OK in between lettings, a job normally done by a property letting agency.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

lindacooper147 is an unknown quantity at this point

They report in the paper said they house was insured, but as they had left a key with a neighbour who was looking after the property when they were not there, the insurance company invalidated the insurance, and the man was being investigated with a view to prosecuting him for not having a license but still looking after empty property. It seems that if you are being paid for this, as the man was, he was classed as being an agent, and without the correct license he was 'working' illegally. He was, in fact, the president of the urbanization, but that made no difference. I assume from what was written that he was making sure everything was OK in between lettings, a job normally done by a property letting agency.
Thanks for info - will have to check with our insurance company as we have someone that holds a key for us that is not a property letting agency. Seems a bit unreasonable if you can't ask someone to check your property occasionally for you without employing an agency! A lot of people in the UK leave a key with a neighbour when they are away and it wouldn't invalidate your insurance - I suppose some insurance companies will use any excuse not to pay out if they can get away with it.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindacooper147
Thanks for info - will have to check with our insurance company as we have someone that holds a key for us that is not a property letting agency. Seems a bit unreasonable if you can't ask someone to check your property occasionally for you without employing an agency! A lot of people in the UK leave a key with a neighbour when they are away and it wouldn't invalidate your insurance - I suppose some insurance companies will use any excuse not to pay out if they can get away with it.
There has been a new letter in the paper today, this seems to indicate that the original letter may well have been some sort of scam to get people to sign up to he property group mentioned in their original letter. Another contributor has been to their own insurance company, and also contacted many others, and none of them would have reacted in the way the original letter said, in fact most of them are very pleased when people leave a key with a neighbour. The second letter seem to indicate that the information in the first letter should be taken with a very big pinch of salt, but it still might be worthwhile checking.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gray C
Hi

Can anyone tell me where there is a hidden gem of a place in Spain, largely undiscovered by us Brits, that would be a great place to live?

Inland, coastal, up north, down south, village, or town it does not matter.

Cheers

Graham
TOP OF A MOUNTAIN-that has not yet been built on
Old Aug 20th 2006, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Amarilla will become famous soon enoughAmarilla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paris hilton
TOP OF A MOUNTAIN-that has not yet been built on
But someone will find a way of building a 10 storey appartment block right in front of you.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 2:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a new letter in the paper today, this seems to indicate that the original letter may well have been some sort of scam to get people to sign up to he property group mentioned in their original letter. Another contributor has been to their own insurance company, and also contacted many others, and none of them would have reacted in the way the original letter said, in fact most of them are very pleased when people leave a key with a neighbour. The second letter seem to indicate that the information in the first letter should be taken with a very big pinch of salt, but it still might be worthwhile checking.

I think if you have alarm systems dont you have to have a keyholder if you are away ?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:56 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

if your looking for a bit of paradise then ive found it for you ive bought a house in la mela in almeria not far from the famouse town of sorbas you will find sorbas on the map but not la mela a very small village but with all the shops and bars you will need we found the area by chance and fell in love with it about 45 mins from almria areport and 1hour from the coust majaca beach the area is non tourist locals very freindly went though www.spoanishfarmhouses.com and came across property in the area glenn at spanish farm houses could not do enough for us and took us every were in the area to find us the right property but dont tell to many people or they will all want to live there helenba