Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telephone Lines in Spain

Telephone Lines in Spain

Old Oct 30th 2003, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telephone Lines in Spain

For anyone looking at moving to spain, one of the major things to check before you buy, buy a business, etc etc is check that there is a telephone line available. I´m in the process of buying and the house I liked, hasn´t got a telephone line, and the existing one is a wireless one. Apparently there is a limited number of lines available, so beware!!!! Secondly even if you get a line if you go out the country for say a month without informing the telephone company (Telefonica) they may disconnect you and allocate your number to someone else.........This is something that is not mentioned in the bumf of selling houses........

Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem in other European countries......maybe I´ll go somewhere else....

Interesting I had to get the lawyer to double and triple check....the house is now being brought subject to a a landline being available and installed......

Anyone who is a communications carrier, I think you would find alot of business in Spain,

Maybe I should now go out and buy some pigeons (well it did have some chickens, fruit etc (so would´nt have starved)

Dolphin Girl

Old Oct 31st 2003, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

Yep, I had the same problem in Lincolnshire (does that qualify as a European country?). Waited for six months without success - lots of visits from BT men and vans though - all wanting a cup of tea. I had to ride a bike 3 mile into the next village library each time I wanted to use the internet. That was free, and it kept me fit. And that's all I'm going to say about that!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

When I did Geography it did, but.................different time zone, different currency, and when you fly in from UK you have to show a passport whereas other countries on mainland Europe I didn´t.......ummmm

I hear the Government in the UK are trying to get their subjects more fit, maybe BT was in on the programme or....they are too fat to get up the pole,

The seller has agreed to let the telphones be fitted before I part with any dosh, since he´s got connections with the police I´ll probably find I´ll have a drug barons line..............right I better be off to stock up with some Coke.........I assume Pepsi will be okay

Dolphin Girl....

Soory I´m in a playful mood - must be the weather.

Originally posted by Dawn Adams
Yep, I had the same problem in Lincolnshire (does that qualify as a European country?). Waited for six months without success - lots of visits from BT men and vans though - all wanting a cup of tea. I had to ride a bike 3 mile into the next village library each time I wanted to use the internet. That was free, and it kept me fit. And that's all I'm going to say about that!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 4:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

yeah there was a story in the sur last week, where the guys direct debit had not been paid by the bank, or something like that and he lost his business line to someone else.:scared:
Old Oct 31st 2003, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jdr
yeah there was a story in the sur last week, where the guys direct debit had not been paid by the bank, or something like that and he lost his business line to someone else.:scared:

I know I read it, that what worries me....
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dolphingirl

Always plenty of mobiles, and internet cafes if it goes titsup.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Dolphingirl

Originally posted by jdr
Always plenty of mobiles, and internet cafes if it goes titsup.

I´ve already taken a mortgage out for being in one,
Havent signed on the dotted line or parted with dosh so not committed......

this was an interesting article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/spain/arti...070793,00.html

the house I was buying is meant to be in no building zone.......interesting to see if any neighbours are pplanned.confused:

Must admit met by fair share of oddities down here......a writers paradise, plenty of material for a script anyway

Who needs to watch a soap living here, certainly not

Dolphingirl:
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I didn't know there was a no building zone

That is only a place where they cant get a cement truck

There are a couple of "zona verde" near us but i think they run a sweepstake on how long it will be before the mayor gets a bung.

Ooooops who said that ??¿¿??
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Yeah that was a good article.

A bag of Money will change any Law....