Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

telefonica are strange....

telefonica are strange....

Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default telefonica are strange....

7 weeks ago 1mbit was the fastest speed I could get. I accepted this, after all, I'm next to the beach and 17 KM from a good sized city.

So, today, my connection restarts and all of a sudden I'm on 3mbit. They didn't tell me they were going to do it and now I'm left wondering if it's a mistake or they meant to do it
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: telefonica are strange....

Originally Posted by SoJohn
7 weeks ago 1mbit was the fastest speed I could get. I accepted this, after all, I'm next to the beach and 17 KM from a good sized city.

So, today, my connection restarts and all of a sudden I'm on 3mbit. They didn't tell me they were going to do it and now I'm left wondering if it's a mistake or they meant to do it
Shhhh. not as lucky as you but,,,,
Attached Thumbnails telefonica are strange....-speed.jpg  

Last edited by jdr; Oct 12th 2007 at 3:24 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:23 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

It'll probably be 512K tomorrow!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Did you get an upgrade too?

It's funny because I was told I only got 1mbit because the husband of my landlady knows someone who works for telefonica
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get an upgrade too?

It's funny because I was told I only got 1mbit because the husband of my landlady knows someone who works for telefonica
I started on 512, then they doubled it.
I enquired about the 3 mb upgrade but they said it was not available but we are working on the lines etc.
Looks like its up to 2mb, can`t really notice the difference though.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

David will become famous soon enoughDavid will become famous soon enough

Mine went up also without requesting it. And No change in price.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Telefonica? Juas...

I blush of to be spanish with mob of this caliber

Here already we know them in many ways

Telefónica = Timofonica (of " timo ", in english is " thymus ")
Vodafone = Robafone (of " robar ", in english is " to steal " )
Movistar = Vomistar (of " vomito ", the complete word in english is " vomit " )
Amena = Dapena (everything together, in spanish is "da pena ", in ingles is " gives pain ")

It will be necessary to invent more words, because there are still more pirates as Jazztel, Auna, Ono...

Last edited by Relampago; Oct 12th 2007 at 9:10 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Friends who live 18km away, have had 3Mb available for months now.
However, when we've phoned and asked about an upgrade, we've always been told it's not available yet in our village.
Yesterday, we got a letter from Telfonica saying that they were beginning the upgrade to 3Mb to ALL customers (don't know whether that means nationally or locally?)
According to the website and this letter, it seems we don't actually need to do anything - it will happen sometime in the next few weeks
And no additional charge either!

Vamos a ver!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

test is an unknown quantity at this point

I think telefonica are upgrading gradually all connections to 3 MG to cope with the competence of other ADSL providers......
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by test
I think telefonica are upgrading gradually all connections to 3 MG to cope with the competence of other ADSL providers......
We've been upgraded as well, didn't ask for it it just happened.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

now I'm left wondering if it's a mistake or they meant to do it

"never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence"
or words to that effect.

I'd find it easier to believe it was a mistake, although marketing and idiocy
are often difficult to tell apart
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

vicmcd24369 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pete_l
"never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence"
or words to that effect.

I'd find it easier to believe it was a mistake, although marketing and idiocy
are often difficult to tell apart
we got a globesurfer icon thingy usb modem on contract from an orange shop in marbella that runs at 7.2mb/s for €30 per month. works perfectly. heard the stuff about telefonica and decided against. self installed and dinky little thing it is too