Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica jargon - can someone help me translate it?

Telefonica jargon - can someone help me translate it?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Negada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really nice
Default Telefonica jargon - can someone help me translate it?

For installation of a Telefonica line I was charged 112.59 Euros:

Cuota de conexion de linea individual - 59.50 Euros.
Cuota conexion Servicio Mantenimiento Integral Otras - 33.06 Euros.
Alta del punto de terminacion de red - 6.01 Euros.
Instalacion de punto de terminacion de red - 14.02 Euros.

Could someone tell me what it is that I'm paying for on the last 3 items? Literal translation with the help of a dictionary has not helped me! Thank you.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Telefonica jargon - can someone help me translate it?

Have you tried this site?

Though I must say you sometimes get some wild translations!!

http://www.google.co.uk/language_tools?hl=en
Old Nov 30th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inquieto

Could someone tell me what it is that I'm paying for on the last 3 items? Literal translation with the help of a dictionary has not helped me! Thank you.
Hi,
Just looked at the translation site and got this from the above.
I can not be sure if it is correct though.
Quota of connection of individual line - 59,50 Euros. Quota connection Service Integral Maintenance Others - 33,06 Euros. High of the point of completion of network - 6,01 Euros. Installation of point of completion of network - 14,02 Euros
Hope it does help though
Old Nov 30th 2006, 2:30 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

I have total admiration for translaters because it is something extremely difficult to do. I speak spanish fluently, and understand what is written on your bill, but translating it into sensible English is really hard! Here goes:

1. Charge for the connection of a private telephone line.
2. "Servicio mentenimiento" is your line rental, and the "Integral Otras" refers to associated services attached to your line rental such as the Telefonica answer machine service caller ID/call waiting. That sort of thing. Call telefonica to cancel this if you dont want any of these services.
3. "Alta" means to register or subscribe. "Punto de terminacion de red" is the end point for the network. IE, they have created a new end point for the branches of the network in your house.
4. Installation of point 3 above. Probably refers to the little man in blue overalls coming to your house to connect your line.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 2:56 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

112.59 Euros :scared:

I was going to help translating but the others have done a great job..
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

HI,
How long did it take you to get installation for your telephone line
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

mka2 is an unknown quantity at this point

i set up my phone/adsl with telefonica via [email protected] they will deal with you in english

there werent any install costs though and that included the phone line being put in.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

The punto de terminación de red is the little white box with the flap on it where the telephone line comes into your house.

The idea is that if you have a problem with your telephone you can plug it directly into that box by lifting the flap which will tell you whether the problem is in the wiring within your house or in the Telefónica network itself.

Last edited by Beachcomber; Dec 3rd 2006 at 12:27 pm.