Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica install telephone pole blocking view from house

Telefonica install telephone pole blocking view from house

Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice
Default Telefonica install telephone pole blocking view from house

Again...another issue at my family member's house.
Telefonica seem to have installed a telephone pole right in front of the house, which partially blocks one of the main views from the house. They did this as a nearby build needed to have the wires moved and it seems like whilst there was no-one in for a few weeks, Telefonica just decided to plunk it there or alternatively a neighbour paid for it to be moved from their property and Telefonica decided this was the only other location.
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/6999/number26019.jpg

Apparently, they also connected a whole load of cables to the outside wall of the house without asking permission - are they allowed to do that?
http://imageshack.us/a/img24/6000/number26014.jpg

Is there anyway to get it moved again or would that involve paying Telefonica? ...getting the correct contact in English can be difficult - anyone know the best route through to them in English?
I guess the alternative is to get a gestor to do everything in Spanish?

Last edited by Scribble; Apr 15th 2013 at 8:54 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Default Re: Telefonica install telephone pole blocking view from house

Should think the only possible left, as it is installed already, is some form of compensation for the use of said areas. Normally there would be a Company - Owner agreement.

However, this is Spain.
DSB.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:51 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

If it were me, I would remove the wires from my wall and then force them to take me to court.

In my opinion, they do NOT have the right to deface my property.

The pole, on the other hand, would be a different issue. If it's not on your property then I suspect you will have to make a formal complaint.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:16 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
If it were me, I would remove the wires from my wall and then force them to take me to court.

In my opinion, they do NOT have the right to deface my property.

The pole, on the other hand, would be a different issue. If it's not on your property then I suspect you will have to make a formal complaint.
I agree. If they attached something to your property without your permission (and it's not your own phone line that's attached), then take it down and wait for them to take you to court (but advise your solicitor first - might have a better idea).

The pole is unsightly - yes it is. But this is Spain. If it's not on your land, you can only file a complaint, which will likely be ignored.

Funny, if you'd put up a pole on your own property which blocked your neighbour's view in same way, you'd likely be sued into oblivion. But if Telefonica does it, it's perfectly OK...
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice

Originally Posted by amideislas
I agree. If they attached something to your property without your permission (and it's not your own phone line that's attached), then take it down and wait for them to take you to court (but advise your solicitor first - might have a better idea).

The pole is unsightly - yes it is. But this is Spain. If it's not on your land, you can only file a complaint, which will likely be ignored.

Funny, if you'd put up a pole on your own property which blocked your neighbour's view in same way, you'd likely be sued into oblivion. But if Telefonica does it, it's perfectly OK...
Can't pay them to move it either?
The obvious place to put it was the other side of the house where it wouldn't have bothered anyone!

Also, how can he put in a complaint...Spanish is very broken Spanish and not really good enough for a formal complaint...best contact a gestor or solicitor (which will cost extra and maybe not get anything done)?

Last edited by Scribble; Apr 16th 2013 at 6:35 am.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:13 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scribble
The obvious place to put it was the other side of the house where it wouldn't have bothered anyone!

Also, how can he put in a complaint...Spanish is very broken Spanish and not really good enough for a formal complaint...best contact a gestor or solicitor (which will cost extra and maybe not get anything done)?
Welcome to Spain. Land of "not my problem".
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:22 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

when we moved into this house there was no telephone. Telefonica engineer arrived and after hunting around advised the BH that there was no cable conduit in the street. The cable run was available at #1 but as #3 is an empty plot and the conduits do not join up we couldn't have landline.
BH asked about aerial bundling across the street and she was told No Way, this isnt allowed any more.

so it seems one rule for one whilst another rule for another.

but, like the UK, right of view isn't a Human Right - at the moment. The attitude will be Tough.

I don't think you can do anything about it other than ā‚¬0.20c a year for providing a place for their cleat to hang onto the side of the wall.

rgds
`
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:26 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Again...another issue at my family member's house.
Telefonica seem to have installed a telephone pole right in front of the house, which partially blocks one of the main views from the house. They did this as a nearby build needed to have the wires moved and it seems like whilst there was no-one in for a few weeks, Telefonica just decided to plunk it there or alternatively a neighbour paid for it to be moved from their property and Telefonica decided this was the only other location.
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/6999/number26019.jpg

Apparently, they also connected a whole load of cables to the outside wall of the house without asking permission - are they allowed to do that?
http://imageshack.us/a/img24/6000/number26014.jpg

Is there anyway to get it moved again or would that involve paying Telefonica? ...getting the correct contact in English can be difficult - anyone know the best route through to them in English?
I guess the alternative is to get a gestor to do everything in Spanish?
I would be very interested to hear a conversation with telefonica of someone complaining about a telephone pole spoiling their view.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:31 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
I would be very interested to hear a conversation with telefonica of someone complaining about a telephone pole spoiling their view.
especially when so many people can't get a telephone line
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Some years ago when the road outside my house was being upgraded, removing grass verges, installing pavements and drainage, a temporary bus stop appeared in front of my property.

Each night I moved the temporary sign to the house next door.
The following day the workmen moved it back. If we met we exchanged nods, winks and pleasantries.

Finally at the end of the works the bus stop, layby was infront of next door.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Some years ago when the road outside my house was being upgraded, removing grass verges, installing pavements and drainage, a temporary bus stop appeared in front of my property.

Each night I moved the temporary sign to the house next door.
The following day the workmen moved it back. If we met we exchanged nods, winks and pleasantries.

Finally at the end of the works the bus stop, layby was infront of next door.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Near Xmas last year,I was watching, with interest, our village electrician stringing the Xmas lights' across our narrow calle. He was up a ladder at the house opposite us,drilling a large hole in the wall to fix a cleat to hold the lights'. The drill-bit suddenly went through the wall,making a very large hole. He just fixed the cleat across the hole,then moved to my side. I just shook my head and he laughed and took "extreme" care when drilling into my casa. End result-small hole,nice lights outside my window. Spain,you gotta love it.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

maybe some random person should pretend the pole is a tree and axe it.

The odd thing is is that they removed the existing telephone pole from the neighbours house and replaced it with a cleat on my relative's house. Only thing I can figure is that the neighbours requested that the pole was removed form their property since they built a wall there.
Technically, you could remove the cleat for the same reason and wait until they turn up to fix it.

Last edited by Scribble; Apr 16th 2013 at 10:03 am.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

All companies in Spain, large and small, must give you a consumer complaint form (hoja de reclamaciĆ³n) if you want to report a problem. Ask in your nearest Movistar office. They are printed in English and Spanish and are in triplicate - you keep the green and white copies and hand in the pink one.

The forms HAVE to be followed up by law, and it may be that they will just move the pole to avoid the legal hassle. Any problem, talk to a councillor at the Ayuntamiento as it's their responsibility to ensure the legal process is followed.

Good luck!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Welcome to Spain. Land of "not my problem".
Not true. There is a very good system of official complaints procedures and every big town has a consumer protection office. I think it's as good as or better than the UK in that respect?

But the Brits are notorious for complaining to each other, and never actually doing anything about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.