British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Telefonica in English (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/telefonica-english-405875/)

mrcusa Nov 3rd 2006 1:15 pm

Telefonica in English

Is this a con?

I ordered ADSL, they have taken Euro 120 from my Bank Account and I have heard nothing.

Have tried to call the number shown on their website 902 995 338 all week and the number was not answered, and is now disconnected!!

No email address on the website either!!

Anyone have any info?

Martin

jdr Nov 3rd 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Telefonica in English

Originally Posted by mrcusa
Is this a con?

I ordered ADSL, they have taken Euro 120 from my Bank Account and I have heard nothing.

Have tried to call the number shown on their website 902 995 338 all week and the number was not answered, and is now disconnected!!

No email address on the website either!!

Anyone have any info?

Martin

try here.... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362846

mrcusa Nov 3rd 2006 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by jdr

Damn!!!

I have been waiting since July for an ADSL connection.
I live within a few meters of El Toro, but a long way from Santa Ponsa.

I have been told that because I have a Santa Ponsa number, that is 971 12 , I cannot have ADSL. If I had a number 971 23, then I could have ADSL

I live next door to the Port Adriano Hotel, in El Toro, Calvia, Mallorca, and they have a 971 23 number, and they have ADSL.

I have spoken to so many people and am really at the point of giving up!

Martin

jdr Nov 3rd 2006 2:50 pm

Have you tried Telefonica themselves ?

Solarwhizz Nov 3rd 2006 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Have you tried Telefonica themselves ?

Telefonica in English are an independent company acting as freelance agents for Telefonica, and charge you for the service, Giving you the impression they are telefonica.

They have been slated on a lot of Expat forums, for taking money and not delivering.

You can deal with Telefonica direct and in English by just dialling 1004, from any landline, or Movistar Phone, I think it also works with Amena. Just keep asking for English speaker. 'Habla inglese' works

mikelincs Nov 3rd 2006 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Telefonica in English are an independent company acting as freelance agents for Telefonica, and charge you for the service, Giving you the impression they are telefonica.

They have been slated on a lot of Expat forums, for taking money and not delivering.

You can deal with Telefonica direct and in English by just dialling 1004, from any landline, or Movistar Phone, I think it also works with Amena. Just keep asking for English speaker. 'Habla inglese' works

E mail: [email protected] , send your message in English, you will get a reply in English, and they really do sort things out. Telefonica in English are NOTHING to do with Telefonica

mitzipurr Nov 4th 2006 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs
E mail: [email protected] , send your message in English, you will get a reply in English, and they really do sort things out. Telefonica in English are NOTHING to do with Telefonica

I sent emails to this address BUT it seems that they only go so far and then they stop responding so your problem is not solved unfortunately. I went to the consumers and seemed to get a response quickly BUT still having problems so guess it is another trip to the Consumers on Monday!! :scared:

Casa Santo Estevo Nov 6th 2006 6:36 pm

Maybe you should try this page and see if ADSL is really available for your phone number before you start going down the telefonica route.

ADSL search

Beachcomber Nov 6th 2006 6:52 pm

I have already suggested this to Mitzipurr in another thread and it indicates that ADSL should be available at that telephone number.

mrcusa Nov 7th 2006 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I have already suggested this to Mitzipurr in another thread and it indicates that ADSL should be available at that telephone number.

Cobertura ADSL / Resultado de la consulta
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADSL sobre líneas analógicas:
El servicio ADSL no se encuentra disponible para la línea 971126xxx.

ADSL sobre accesos básicos RDSI:
El servicio ADSL no se encuentra disponible para la línea 971126xxx.

Beachcomber Nov 7th 2006 1:53 pm

Which, I am sure you have concluded, unfortunately means that ADSL is not available either on an analogue line or an ISDN line.

mrcusa Nov 7th 2006 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Which, I am sure you have concluded, unfortunately means that ADSL is not available either on an analogue line or an ISDN line.

Yes.

However, the engineer has told me that if I had a 971 23 number, I could have ADSL.

It seems that it is purely chance which one you get, 971 12 or 971 23

I have asked to change to a 971 23 number, but no go.

As I have said, the hotel next door has ADSL.

Pathetic is what I think!

Martin

mitzipurr Nov 7th 2006 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Maybe you should try this page and see if ADSL is really available for your phone number before you start going down the telefonica route.

ADSL search

Already done that below is the answer.

ADSL sobre líneas analógicas:
El servicio ADSL se encuentra disponible para la linea 956XXXXXX

ADSL sobre accesos básicos RDSI:
El servicio ADSL se encuentra disponible para la linea 956XXXXXX

Recuerde las condiciones que le permitirán disfrutar de los servicios ADSL

Servicios de mantenimiento disponibles:
Mantenimiento integral 12H: Disponible
Mantenimiento integral 8H: Disponible
Mantenimiento integral 6H: Disponible

Cobertura de servicios mayoristas (sólo para Operadores):