Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica Domo phones

Telefonica Domo phones

Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telefonica Domo phones

Have heard that to return the Telefonica Domo phone to Telefonica and use a privately bought phone will reduce the rental charges.

i.e. Paying just for the line

Does anyone have any knowledge of this
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica Domo phones

Originally Posted by Michael74
Have heard that to return the Telefonica Domo phone to Telefonica and use a privately bought phone will reduce the rental charges.

Look on thr phone bill, the charge is on there inc maintenance.
But if you dont have the phone you would possibly get charged for callouts etc if there was a problem with the line.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74

Yes I do.
I phoned and cancelled Domo phone, the bill was immediately reduced and they said they would send a carrier to collect the old phone, maybe 3 months to do this, but that was 5 months ago.
I don't think there is any value for them to collect old phones.
They can tell if you are still using Domo phone, so I guess they say they are going to collect just to see if you are telling the truth.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:01 am
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

I am with Jazztel for my line and ADSL, when I was with Telefonica I had my own phones in my home.

I think the only problem was that if there was a line fault within the home then I may have been charged, I think for sure if I called them out and there no fault on the line discovered, i.e. it was my phone that was faulty then I had to pay the call out.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:33 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

My Domo's failed last year and I bought new cordless ones. I've never got around to sending them back, as I have heard horror stories about people being asked to return them to Valencia rather than a local store.

The new phones (Panasonic) are much better than the domos, better clarity of sound.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:06 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger! I just binned ours when it was faulty. I wanted a digital cordless phone but we ended up getting a 7e phone from carrefour thanks to my OH being a bit......well you know.....Spanish.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:17 am
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

One phone. I live in a smallish apartment, I have 6, including one in the bathroom and one in the workshop on the Terrace, and all my international calls I make VOIP on my PC. Am I a bit OTT !

In my defence: When I installed them I was living alone, and people always seemed to call when I was in the shower, or in the outside workshop, well that's my excuse !
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
But if you dont have the phone you would possibly get charged for callouts etc if there was a problem with the line.
All new(ish) Telefonica installations have a small white box where the line enters the house. The phone lines within the house are connected to this.

There is a socket in this box under a sliding cover marked "Prueba". If you have reported a fault the engineer will connect his test phone to this socket. If it works then the fault lies inside the house and that is your responsibility and you may get charged to fix it.

It the fault is with the Domo phone (on rental) then this will get replaced free - if it is a non Telefonica phone then it's down to you.

At the end of the day, it is down to the local engineer as to what he charges for, so be nice to him and you will probably not get charged - but if he is the Spanish equivalent of a "jobsworth" be carefull!