Telefónica

Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

pat1943 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telefónica

Could anyone please help ive had Telefonica for 12 months coming up i use them for my land line plus internet ive found the bills very high even i dont use the landline much,are there any other providers in spain who anyone uses who may offer a better deal i live in majorca many thanks.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefónica

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

I changed from Telefonica to www.talktalk.es best thing I ever did, websiteand customer service in English if you need it, i would give them 12 out of 10 for the service they give
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Telefonica have reduced their charges recently and are now much the same as anyone else.

Call them on 1004 and you should get ADSL for €24.90 plus the land line and that includes all national calls and calls to mobiles.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Annoying thing was, before we changed from them we gave then the chance to re negotiate and they wouldnt
Old Feb 20th 2012, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
Annoying thing was, before we changed from them we gave then the chance to re negotiate and they wouldnt
It's only a very recent change!
They put me on the new promotion last week, they upped my rural Internet connection from 1mb to 3mbs for 24,90€, it's for one year but will be permanent if I take a Movistar mobile.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pat1943
Could anyone please help ive had Telefonica for 12 months coming up i use them for my land line plus internet ive found the bills very high even i dont use the landline much,are there any other providers in spain who anyone uses who may offer a better deal i live in majorca many thanks.
Have a look at Europa Network. We are very pleased with their service and the U.K. TV, via a HDMI cable, is excellent.

John
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:52 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

In Mallorca, IB Red (www.ibred.es) offers wireless with full 4Mb for €39.95 total fees per month (no landline fees - you don't need Telefonica at all).

It's not like Telefonica's "maybe you might get 1Mb on a good day with your 4Mb contract". You actually get a full 4Mb and they guarantee it. They have very responsive service, but it works all the time anyway (even when it rains!) so you are unlikely to need their service.

And since it does not use mobile phone networks, the latency is very low and can therefore be used with VoIP for free or very cheap calling all over the world. They can even give you a local 971 number with it. You can buy VoIP phones from them or at Carrefour or online from many shops, including Ebay.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

neilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really niceneilwturner is just really nice
Smile Re: Telefónica

The TalkTalk service is excellent. We had a problem yesterday evening with our ADSL connection, reported it, they rang back and logged into the router and fixed it.

Excellent service .... English language ! .... and the costs are very good ..
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:37 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Telefonica have reduced their charges recently and are now much the same as anyone else.

Call them on 1004 and you should get ADSL for €24.90 plus the land line and that includes all national calls and calls to mobiles.
Only if you're a NEW customer. Actual base billing is about €50 per month (minimum, without calls). Caller ID is an extra €5 per month. Maximum DSL speed on that plan is 1Mb (but you normally get about 2/3 that) and depending on where you live, Internet and/or telephone may not work when it's raining.

If you have ONO in your neighbourhood, try them. Price is the same or a little bit less than Telefonica, but they have their own fibre optic network which is much more reliable than Telefonica - and they actually have service.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:02 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Only if you're a NEW customer. Actual base billing is about €50 per month (minimum, without calls). Caller ID is an extra €5 per month. Maximum DSL speed on that plan is 1Mb (but you normally get about 2/3 that) and depending on where you live, Internet and/or telephone may not work when it's raining.
I am an existing customer and they have reduced my 3mb connection to €20.40 +iva - I also get free national calls and calls to mobiles and they threw in a free WiFi router so I now have a spare!

Most of my friends have 10mb connections and they have all been able to get TF to reduce it to the new rates. I always get at least 2.6mb - even when it's raining!

Their base rate for 10mb without free calls is €19.90.+ iva

In theory, after 12 months it goes up to the old rate unless you have a Movistar mobile contract (which can be as low as €6). You also get big discounts on contracts if you have their ADSL

Last edited by Fred James; Feb 22nd 2012 at 8:07 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

AndL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by megmet
It's only a very recent change!
They put me on the new promotion last week, they upped my rural Internet connection from 1mb to 3mbs for 24,90€, it's for one year but will be permanent if I take a Movistar mobile.
Thats what I was hoping to hear! A new company has just come into our area offering 3mbps for 24.95 (Next communicaciones) and I'm cheesed off at having had to pay 53.10 for 1mbps. I've given them 24hours to improve my deal before I cancel. We shall see!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I am an existing customer and they have reduced my 3mb connection to €20.40 +iva - I also get free national calls and calls to mobiles and they threw in a free WiFi router so I now have a spare!

Most of my friends have 10mb connections and they have all been able to get TF to reduce it to the new rates. I always get at least 2.6mb - even when it's raining!

Their base rate for 10mb without free calls is €19.90.+ iva

In theory, after 12 months it goes up to the old rate unless you have a Movistar mobile contract (which can be as low as €6). You also get big discounts on contracts if you have their ADSL
All of the above....
Like Fred I am an existing customer and they have reduced my 1mb connection from €40 down to €20.95 +iva.

They have increased my 1mb up to 3mbs (on a good day I get 3½mbs), and they are sending me a free WiFi router.
I get free local and national calls and calls to mobiles, as a long term customer I also get free caller ID.

As for the rain.....it does not and never has had any effect on my phone or my ADSL no matter how hard it rains, and believe me when it rains here it pours!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 7:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by megmet
All of the above....
Like Fred I am an existing customer and they have reduced my 1mb connection from €40 down to €20.95 +iva.

They have increased my 1mb up to 3mbs (on a good day I get 3½mbs), and they are sending me a free WiFi router.
I get free local and national calls and calls to mobiles, as a long term customer I also get free caller ID.

As for the rain.....it does not and never has had any effect on my phone or my ADSL no matter how hard it rains, and believe me when it rains here it pours!
Ours has always been €29.95 per month for 1Mb (plus landline charges, Caller ID, maintenance, and IVA) which is billed at about €50-something in total (before calls).

In the entire history of using Telefonica, our internet has never worked in the rain. Once it was out for the bulk of 6 weeks, but we still had to pay for it, even though we didn't receive the service.

We have just signed up for IBRed, and so far, it works great for only €39.95/mo flat, we get 4Mb internet which actually delivers 4Mb depending on the website you are loading, even in the rain. And Telefonica is completely out of the loop now, so we aren't dependent on their horrible service anymore. Whoopie!

Hopefully, more independent providers will continue to emerge, causing real competition and killing telefonica's virtual monopoly, leading to rates and service more consistent with the rest of the world. Looks like that's already beginning to happen.