Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Teenagers and Motorcycles

Teenagers and Motorcycles

Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

cmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura about
Default Teenagers and Motorcycles

Here we go, whilst my better half and I are whizzing about like spaced out zombies trying to sort out and prepare for the move whilst trying to find a short term let in the UK (just sold the house to a cash buyer who wants to move in 4 weeks) my 15yo son's top priority is seeing if he can have a motorcyle when he gets to Spain (I am glad that I am not under the stress that he is or I would have a breakdown by now). What are the laws regarding this as we often see youngsters riding about on scooters or small motorbikes when we are over in Spain. I am led to believe it is 14 and they don't need a license for a 49cc / 50cc, or am I being conned by a 15yo, ta

Just had my first Spanish lesson..... uno cerveza, mas cerveza, mas cerveza, maaaas cervesha, maaaas ceeerveesshhaa........puedele me senala hacia mi casa.

Think I have cracked it
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:47 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenagers and Motorcycles

Originally Posted by cmorgy
Here we go, whilst my better half and I are whizzing about like spaced out zombies trying to sort out and prepare for the move whilst trying to find a short term let in the UK (just sold the house to a cash buyer who wants to move in 4 weeks) my 15yo son's top priority is seeing if he can have a motorcyle when he gets to Spain (I am glad that I am not under the stress that he is or I would have a breakdown by now). What are the laws regarding this as we often see youngsters riding about on scooters or small motorbikes when we are over in Spain. I am led to believe it is 14 and they don't need a license for a 49cc / 50cc, or am I being conned by a 15yo, ta

Just had my first Spanish lesson..... uno cerveza, mas cerveza, mas cerveza, maaaas cervesha, maaaas ceeerveesshhaa........puedele me senala hacia mi casa.

Think I have cracked it
sorry to inform you that your son is not having you on at all. Fourteen it is!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

cmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Keith, but do they need to get a license first or have "L" plates
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Sorry to tell you its recently been changed to 16, dont know about all the kids already with licences though.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Only know this because my friends son as just turned 14 shortly after they changed it much to his annoyance
Old Jan 31st 2007, 12:20 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmorgy
Thanks Keith, but do they need to get a license first or have "L" plates
Never seen a motorbike with L plates. If learning to drive a car it has to be done via an official school. May be it is the same for a bike.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all, if it is 16 won't tell himtil we are out there
Old Jan 31st 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Apparently its till 14,but will change to 16 in nxt couple of years, with a Spanish equiv of UK CBT!Also ben told the yellow number plates on mopeds mean rider has no licence,they act a bit like 'L' plates in UK.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for info, so is there any paperwork (apart from purchase) to be done or they can just get on and go?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Apparently just theory,as no provisional lic inSpain.Theory can be done at school,covers mechanics of mopeds and riding techniques (theory),what to do at accidents etc.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry if test done at school it excempts rider from theory.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cmorgy;
Think I have cracked it[/QUOTE]

Made me chuckle

If I had my way I would pile up all the mopeds in a big heap and set fire to them. But then again, I'm not 15yrs old and out to impess the girls
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Only if I can throw the match on
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by lcortez
Apparently just theory,as no provisional lic inSpain.Theory can be done at school,covers mechanics of mopeds and riding techniques (theory),what to do at accidents etc.
So that should make your son learn Spanish quickly eh Cmorgy
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

larfing, yeah I know what you mean, I think the same about them whizzing about, now I will have one in and out of the garden every two minutes, and when he makes some friends it will probably sound like a swarm of african Bees all day, but great idea, i will wait til they are all around then set light to them.

Thats a good point regarding him learning his spanish quickly, a big fat carrot. We will be putting him into a private brit school so he can finish his gcse's, I wonder if they can do it in english

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.