Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

IT Technical Manager seeking opportunities in Southern spain!

IT Technical Manager seeking opportunities in Southern spain!

Old May 29th 2015, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

rrsIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Technical Manager seeking opportunities in Southern spain!

Gday all, well I have been searching for a job in Southern Spain in the IT Manager area, as you can imagine these are few and far between, I am signed up on all the job boards for the area and have been on the prowl direct with companies in Barcelona and Andalucia...

I've also been trying to find Remote global IT management roles managing outsourced IT resource and cloud based IT shops. My idea is to rent out in Spain on the coast, somewhere with 'reliable' interweb, so I can either run remote IT from home there or work for a company along the coast. My expectations of salary are adjusted for the area compared to the UK London based salaries im used to.

I need to stay relatively close to the UK for family reasons, hence my fixation with such a location, but my partner and I are looking for coastal sun.

Anyone with any advice all gladly taken!

Thanks

Rob
Old May 29th 2015, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT Technical Manager seeking opportunities in Southern spain!

How fluent is your Spanish ?
Old May 29th 2015, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Ah, apologies should have mentioned that, have none at the moment which probably explains a great deal.
Old May 29th 2015, 2:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rrsIT
Gday all, well I have been searching for a job in Southern Spain in the IT Manager area, as you can imagine these are few and far between, I am signed up on all the job boards for the area and have been on the prowl direct with companies in Barcelona and Andalucia...

Thanks

Rob
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 29th 2015, 6:44 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried Gibraltar?
Old May 31st 2015, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

There's a company in Alicante advertising a few types of role at the moment, and without the requirement for Spanish language.
Old May 31st 2015, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Horlics, where did you see that advertised do you remember? Cheers
Old May 31st 2015, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

It's on every almost every IT job site on the Internet. You'll find it. I don't have time to look right now but in the UNLIKELY EVENT you can't find it, let me know and I will post it tomorrow. (on my mobile with crappy signal at the mo)
Old Jun 1st 2015, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

jobserve.com
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rrsIT

I've also been trying to find Remote global IT management roles managing outsourced IT resource and cloud based IT shops. My idea is to rent out in Spain on the coast, somewhere with 'reliable' interweb, so I can either run remote IT from home there or work for a company along the coast. My expectations of salary are adjusted for the area compared to the UK London based salaries im used to.

I need to stay relatively close to the UK for family reasons, hence my fixation with such a location, but my partner and I are looking for coastal sun.

Thanks

Rob
If you haven't done so already, you'll ned to look into your tax situation, which might require you to be registered as an autonomo in Spain.