Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Teacher and accountant in Southern Spain

Teacher and accountant in Southern Spain

Old Jul 6th 2011, 1:51 am
Just Joined

MissyMayhem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teacher and accountant in Southern Spain

My husband and I are hoping to relocate to Southern Spain next year from Grand Cayman (yes our stint in paradise has come to a natural end!). We hope to live within the commuting belt of Gibraltar (Manilva etc) and are having a bit of a look around next week.

We have done a fair bit of research and know that the job market is difficult in Spain. I figured that I can contact schools directly in search of a teaching job (and keep checking the TES) - has anybody got any advice for my husband in terms of finding job openings for an accountant in Gibraltar? And are we right in thinking that unless he is fluent in Spanish, an accounting role in Marbella or Malaga is near impossibe?

Thanks in advance for your help. I am pretty sure that this won't be my only post seeking advice!!
Old Jul 6th 2011, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Teacher and accountant in Southern Spain

Originally Posted by MissyMayhem
My husband and I are hoping to relocate to Southern Spain next year from Grand Cayman (yes our stint in paradise has come to a natural end!). We hope to live within the commuting belt of Gibraltar (Manilva etc) and are having a bit of a look around next week.

We have done a fair bit of research and know that the job market is difficult in Spain. I figured that I can contact schools directly in search of a teaching job (and keep checking the TES) - has anybody got any advice for my husband in terms of finding job openings for an accountant in Gibraltar? And are we right in thinking that unless he is fluent in Spanish, an accounting role in Marbella or Malaga is near impossibe?

Thanks in advance for your help. I am pretty sure that this won't be my only post seeking advice!!
To get an accountant job in Spain without speaking fluent Spanish is more ore less impossible. But find work in Gibraltar is quite easy. You can also search for job directly on the International Schools in Spain. I have seen ads from them that they are seeking people. You find links to some schools here: Local Links - Marbella, Estepona
Old Jul 6th 2011, 3:04 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher and accountant in Southern Spain

Originally Posted by jonnyx
To get an accountant job in Spain without speaking fluent Spanish is more ore less impossible. But find work in Gibraltar is quite easy. You can also search for job directly on the International Schools in Spain. I have seen ads from them that they are seeking people. You find links to some schools here: Local Links - Marbella, Estepona
There are some jobs in Spain for English only accountants other than Gib, but they are very very rarely in Andalucia.
There are a number of international companies who have accounts departments in Spain but usually in places like Madrid or Barcelona

try http://spain.xpatjobs.com/

It is possible to get access to a high intensity Spanish language course but I don't know the costs and whether or not they are truly worth that cost.