Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taxi to Alhaurin

Taxi to Alhaurin

Old May 7th 2010, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Taxi to Alhaurin

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a taxi is likely to cost from Malaga airport to Alhaurin el Grande.
Old May 7th 2010, 12:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxi to Alhaurin

Originally Posted by jay01
Can anyone give me an idea of how much a taxi is likely to cost from Malaga airport to Alhaurin el Grande.
64 €`s
You must learn how to google.
Old May 7th 2010, 3:50 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I went from Málaga airport to Al Queria, just outside of El Grande (Malaga side). The driver took us the scenic route because he didnt realise we lived here. He charged us 55€ which I thought was extortionate!!!?

Jo xxx
Old May 7th 2010, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I went from Málaga airport to Al Queria, just outside of El Grande (Malaga side). The driver took us the scenic route because he didnt realise we lived here. He charged us 55€ which I thought was extortionate!!!?

Jo xxx
Just ask him for the book of prices then. The prices are very transparent in this part of Spain.

55 euros sounds about right to me, it costs me 25-30 euros from the airport to Benalmádena Pueblo - and AEG is at least twice as far.

People sometimes forget the distances involved here.

Last edited by cricketman; May 7th 2010 at 4:58 pm.
Old May 7th 2010, 5:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Just ask him for the book of prices then. The prices are very transparent in this part of Spain.

55 euros sounds about right to me, it costs me 25-30 euros from the airport to Benalmádena Pueblo - and AEG is at least twice as far.

And the return trip to his pitch.
Old May 7th 2010, 5:09 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, while I agree with you, I do know the quickest way to the airport from my house, my husband commutes, I do the trip twice a week. Our driver went the "very" long way round and very slowly!

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; May 7th 2010 at 5:11 pm.
Old May 7th 2010, 5:22 pm
squeaky clean

In fact if the OP wants a lift and it coinsides with one of my airport runs, I'm happy to do it as a favour

Jo xxx
Old May 7th 2010, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, while I agree with you, I do know the quickest way to the airport from my house, my husband commutes, I do the trip twice a week. Our driver went the "very" long way round and very slowly!

Jo xxx
The book of prices will give the price between the airport and where your house is. It will be the same price no matter what route he took.

Maybe he wanted to save petrol? Who knows, but he wouldnt have made any more money from it.
Old May 7th 2010, 6:49 pm
squeaky clean

The book of prices will give the price between the airport and where your house is. It will be the same price no matter what route he took.

Maybe he wanted to save petrol? Who knows, but he wouldnt have made any more money from it.

What??? I could see the meter ticking LOL!! Anyway, I managed to knock him down to 20€!

jo xxx
Old May 7th 2010, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What??? I could see the meter ticking LOL!! Anyway, I managed to knock him down to 20€!

jo xxx
I've never been in a taxi with a meter here! They always had the book of prices. Oh well, shows that you can never be sure about anything
Old May 7th 2010, 7:16 pm
squeaky clean

I've never been in a taxi with a meter here! They always had the book of prices. Oh well, shows that you can never be sure about anything

We must use different taxis then LOL. The ones I usually use when I go back to the UK are the white ones that park around the airport. Altho next time I go back I've arranged to put my car in one of those parking places opposite the airport - cheaper than the taxis!

Jo xx