British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Taxes to pay for the purchase of an apartment in Andalucia. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/taxes-pay-purchase-apartment-andalucia-866438/)

ALVALVA Oct 11th 2015 9:55 am

Taxes to pay for the purchase of an apartment in Andalucia.

Taxes to pay for the purchase of an apartment in Andalucia.
Many people believe that when they buy a second-hand apartment legally and notarized, with an agreed price (either an individual or to a bank), the fees will pay for the Transfer Tax (ITP) is a value (%) (currently 8%) of the purchase price.

Normally and legally purchase price, documented, is the actual purchase price, the buyer gives the seller.

You should then pay the tax, ITP, about the actual purchase price.Can surprise you at any time, although banks typically sell warn that the Hacienda Andalucia may not consider the purchase price as a real, and they increase it, so at any time they will send to you a request for higher payment rate (ITP), which the bank is not responsible.
Yes, it's true, I recently purchased an apartment for 99,000 euros to a bank, and Hacienda Andalucia indicates that they give a value like a real price of 154,000 euros, and asks me to pay the difference of the tax, ie 4,400 euros over tax. They give 10 days to do the payment or claim.
Do not panic.Hacienda is considering making the actual price (REAL por its interes) is the result of multiplying the assessed value of apartment (is in receipt of IBI) by a coefficient which each year publishes the Junta de Andalucia for every municipality.
The tragedy is that these coefficients have not seen the real estate crisis and falling real prices and now these.

Know that there are procedures and specialized people who can lodge an appeal in a timely manner, to ensure that this rate is consistent with the actual price paid by you before a notary.Interested in making this appeal, since it is usually possible to justify by various means, value surveys, etc the actual purchase value. .................................................. ... Tasas a pagar por la compra de un apartamento en Andalucía.Muchas personas creen que cuando compran un apartamento de segunda mano, legalmente ante Notario, con un precio acordado (bien a un particular, bien a un banco), las tasas que van a pagar por el impuesto de Transmisiones Patrimoniales (ITP) es un valor (%) (Actualmente 8%), del precio de compra.Normalmente y legalmente el precio de compra, documentado, es el precio real de compra, que el comprador entrega al vendedor.Debería entonces pagar el impuesto, ITP, sobre este precio real de compra.Una sorpresa le puede llegar en cualquier momento, si bien, los bancos que venden suelen avisar de que la Hacienda de Andalucía es posible que no considere el precio de compra como real, y lo incremente por lo que en algún momento le enviara un requerimiento de mayor pago de tasas (ITP), del que el banco no se hace responsable.Pues sí, es verdad, hace poco he comprado a un banco, un apartamento por 99.000 euros, y Hacienda indica que lo valora en un precio real de 154.000 euros, y me pide que pague la diferencia del impuesto, es decir 4.400 euros más de impuesto. Me dan 10 días pare hacer el pago, o reclamar.No se asusten.Hacienda lo que hace es considerar que el precio REAL (para sus intereses), es el resultado de multiplicar el valor catastral del piso (viene en el recibo del IBI) por un coeficiente que cada año publica la Junta de Andalucía para cada ayuntamiento. Lo trágico, es que estos coeficientes no han considerado la crisis inmobiliaria y la bajada de precios y ahora real de estos.Sepan que hay procedimientos y personas especializadas, que saben presentar un recurso en tiempo y forma, para conseguir que esta tasa sea coherente con el precio real pagado por usted ante Notario.Interesa hacer este recurso, ya que normalmente es posible justificar por varios medios, peritaciones el valor de compra real.

keithBT Oct 13th 2015 7:55 pm

Re: Taxes to pay for the purchase of an apartment in Andalucia.

Hi alvalva, I had exactly this problem when i bought the duplex. Luckily, i had a very good agent ( Ana Aroujo) who understood the situation. I employed an architect from Huelva who dealt with all the appeal work and raising a 48 page A4 dossier to support the price actually paid. The tax authority accepted the appeal and all was good. Architects cost was also fair.
Should anyone want the architects details, PM me and I will dig them out.
Keith

ALVALVA Oct 13th 2015 8:17 pm

Re: Taxes to pay for the purchase of an apartment in Andalucia.

Thanks Keith.I am dealt the problem with the same architect. I hope to be luchy like you.I have wrote this history to help to the new people taht can have a surprise.Alberto y Valle