Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea

Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea

Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:20 am
Just Joined

nigelinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea

I need to get a Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea for a visit back to the UK, which I am told I can get at my local Social Security office.

Can anyone let me know what documents I need to take with me. I will take my passport, Residencia, NIE and my social security card.

But is there anything else I will need too?

Also do they give you these card on the spot or do they have to be sent to you?

Many thanks
Nigel
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:26 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea

We only needed social security card/NIE. Took a few minutes and the card was issued on the spot
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that Jackytoo, much appreciated
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

The Seg Soc office here has a notice which says you can no longer request it in the office, you must apply by internet. Mine arrived 2 or 3 days later.

This is in Andalucia and might not apply to other regions, I don't know

Apply here
Old Sep 13th 2010, 4:44 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

To avoid any potential confusion can I point out that Spanish EHIC cards are now only issued to people registered as paying social security payments in Spain.

If you are a UK pensioner in receipt of a E121 form you now have to apply to the DWP in the UK.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Hi Rachelk,

Thanks for that info, I live in Andalucia so this might be my route to go. Just a couple of questions about filling in the form.

What info do you put in the section marked No de Documento?

Many thanks
Nigel
Old Sep 14th 2010, 11:54 am
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Have just returned from SS office in Alora to get my Tarjeta Sanitaria Europa and was told as a pensioner and am registered here on the health system that I do not need a T/S/E as I will be registered in U.K. via my E121.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisymay
Hi Have just returned from SS office in Alora to get my Tarjeta Sanitaria Europa and was told as a pensioner and am registered here on the health system that I do not need a T/S/E as I will be registered in U.K. via my E121.
Not unless you have applied for an EHIC card from there (the UK) you won't.
See Fred's post above ... dependent on your circumstances of course, but we had to apply to DWP Newcastle for ours, and now we have European Health Cards so we are covered if we go back to the UK
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nigelinspain

What info do you put in the section marked No de Documento?

Many thanks
Nigel
Select NIE in the box befoe it, then just put your NIE no in there. You'll get a confirmation email within a couple of hours if the request is accepted.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup I do have my E.H.I.C.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisymay
Yup I do have my E.H.I.C.
Thats the EHIC to cover you when you are on holiday from Spain into the UK ..... not the one that covers you when you are on Holiday from the UK into Spain, yes?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi again,

Just tried filling in the form on the internet to obtain the TSE. Everything seemed to go well until I hit the Aceptar button then I got a message saying the details I had put in for the No afiliación S.S. were wrong.

I can´t understand this, I have put in the AN letters and then the numbers that appear on my green Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual card. So I can´t understand why it is not accepting them.

Anyone got any ideas. Or can someone point me to a link on the website where I can ask what is wrong.

Many thanks
Nigel
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:05 pm
Senior Moment

Hi again,

Just tried filling in the form on the internet to obtain the TSE. Everything seemed to go well until I hit the Aceptar button then I got a message saying the details I had put in for the No afiliación S.S. were wrong.

I can´t understand this, I have put in the AN letters and then the numbers that appear on my green Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual card. So I can´t understand why it is not accepting them.

Anyone got any ideas. Or can someone point me to a link on the website where I can ask what is wrong.

Many thanks
Nigel
I'm still not sure Nigel if you are a pensioner or if you are working / in the system here?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,

Many thanks
Nigel
Its your social security number that they want. Its all numbers.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mitzyboy,

I am still working and in the system here.

Hi paintermujer,

I thought that was the number I put in I got it off my green Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual it starts with an AN and then there are 10 numbers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.