Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tarjeta de residencia

Tarjeta de residencia

Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

DrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to all
Default Tarjeta de residencia

Hi all,
I have had a NIE number for 2 years but I never received a Tarjeta de Residencia. I never needed it until today, but now an online bank where I want to open an account asks for it. Should I have received the Tarjeta? Or do I have to apply separately? I've had two contrasting info on this...
Thanks.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all
Default Re: Tarjeta de residencia

Originally Posted by DrStarsky
Hi all,
I have had a NIE number for 2 years but I never received a Tarjeta de Residencia. I never needed it until today, but now an online bank where I want to open an account asks for it. Should I have received the Tarjeta? Or do I have to apply separately? I've had two contrasting info on this...
Thanks.
You have to apply,, take every bit of paper you have ever been issued with in Spain, IE Cert of NIE, Padron, Escritura, passports, loads of photos passport size, and anything else that might be construed as a document that proves you live here, Then you need to go to a national police station, join the queque and fill out the form, If you live in North Murcia, the best place is Yecla, in Alicante region in Elda,,, Comissariat de policia!!

takes three trips and about two months,,

Dont understand why yur bank asked for it though, usually passport and NIE is enough to open an account
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Even if you obtain a residencia the number will be the same as your NIE.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:34 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Tarjeta de residencia

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Dont understand why yur bank asked for it though, usually passport and NIE is enough to open an account

That is because if you don’t have a card but only a number you have a different type of bank account. For the details you should ask at your bank, it is something to do with access to overdrafts etc and the costs.

Just done a google for info about the card and here is one link.
Info

Here is the ministry’s web site that will also give you more info, in Spanish.

Ministry
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

DrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to allDrStarsky is a name known to all

Thanks all for the answers. I've had a regular bank account with a mainstream bank for 2 years and they didn't want the Tarjeta. Now I'm opening another account with an internet-only, brokerage-oriented bank. Since I put the NIE as identification in my application, they want the Tarjeta. Mainly I wanted to be sure that they hadn't sent me a Tarjeta (which I never applied to) to my old address. The Oficina de Extranjeros never answers the phone!

Anyway, seeing how long it takes to have the Tarjeta, I might reapply to the bank and use my passport number as identification instead (apparently it's the same type of account, but now they cannot change the identification method so I'll need a new account, go figure).

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
That is because if you don’t have a card but only a number you have a different type of bank account. For the details you should ask at your bank, it is something to do with access to overdrafts etc and the costs.

Just done a google for info about the card and here is one link.
Info

Here is the ministry’s web site that will also give you more info, in Spanish.

Ministry
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Anyway, seeing how long it takes to have the Tarjeta, I might reapply to the bank and use my passport number as identification instead (apparently it's the same type of account, but now they cannot change the identification method so I'll need a new account, go figure).[/QUOTE]

por que es Espana!!!