Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tall ships in Cadiz

Tall ships in Cadiz

Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:33 am
stevetheradio

stevetheradio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tall ships in Cadiz

I believe that the Tall ships will be in Cadiz on the 28th August for a couple of days, I am planning to go and have a look at them. Can anyone let me know where in Cadiz I need to be?..I'm driving down from the north and obviously need to be able to park up somewhere close to them...
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Tall ships in Cadiz

I thought this was in July. Can anyone confirm the dates please?
Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:56 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Tall ships in Cadiz

Just done a Google search for the dates at it appears that the tall ships will be in Cadiz from the 26 until 29 July.
Tall ships info.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that should be a sight to see, could somebody tell them the finish line has been moved to Malaga, I might get a chance to see them then
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:13 pm
stevetheradio

stevetheradio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dazzle
I thought this was in July. Can anyone confirm the dates please?

My mistake...meant July!!!!

Still intend to go ....
Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

The best place to see them would be down at the port area in old Cadiz. You can consider driving down to El Puerto de Santa Maria which is across the bay to Cadiz and then take a ferry. The nicest one is the old VAPOR but it only goes a few times each day. If you can make one of the early times at 09.15 or 11.15 it would be great. Can get a seat on the deck side. http://www.vapordeelpuerto.com/
There is also a fast catamaran service now from the quayside at El Puerto. These go more frequently. They both finish up at the port in Cadiz. You should be able to see plenty from the ferry and also from land.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Parking in Cadiz is a nightmare even in the winter so goodness knows where we can park. Does anyone know the rough price of a taxi from Chiclana. By the way they have come from Torbay, my home town, so I have been watching them on local tv.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
Parking in Cadiz is a nightmare even in the winter so goodness knows where we can park. Does anyone know the rough price of a taxi from Chiclana. By the way they have come from Torbay, my home town, so I have been watching them on local tv.

Park the car at San Fernando and get the train into Cadiz, end of the line: the port is about a 10 minute walk, or 20 mins. saunter!
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:26 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

This link gives the Tall Ships Race timetable and more info about the event.

I have read somewhere that they would be providing plenty of car parking space in the festival area, not sure where they can magic all that space from in Cadiz??
Thought that it may be easier to get a train from Bahia Sur Station, plenty of parking there. Also you can get a bus from Chiclana.

If you go on the Wednesday when the fleet first arrives it may be quieter as well. I wonder how accurate the timings are? mind you with the wind the way it is at the moment they are probably already there.

After all the parties they seem to have scheduled it may be interesting watching them leave on the Saturday!!

Yvonne
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:40 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Just found the Cadiz Ayuntamiento website link for the Tall Ships race
Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Park in the train station car park. The Spanish hate paying for parking so it is normally empty and won't be dear. It is about 5 minutes from the port. Also, and keep this to yourself, if you go to Càdiz on a weekday after 2pm everyone parked in the blue zone moves their cars to go home for lunch, before they go back to work, so there are usually loads of spaces right in town.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Amsterdam in 1995 when the tall ships were there and it was a fantastic sight.

In the evening they had a huge firework display off a barge moored in the middle of the basin all set to classical music. We were moored on a 40 ft cruiser in the basin with beer on tap and its a night I still remember vividly.

If you get the chance go see them!
Old Jul 16th 2006, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
Park in the train station car park. The Spanish hate paying for parking so it is normally empty and won't be dear. It is about 5 minutes from the port. Also, and keep this to yourself, if you go to Càdiz on a weekday after 2pm everyone parked in the blue zone moves their cars to go home for lunch, before they go back to work, so there are usually loads of spaces right in town.
Thanks CDL that sounds good.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 9:47 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Thanks CDL that sounds good.
Glynis I always park in the underground car park opposite the port, under the square by the banks and the bookshop etc. You sometimes queue to get in, but everyone does it, tailing back, and it moves quite quickly. It aways seems reasonable to me, but then anything seems reasonable after London meters and car parks !!