Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taking my car back to UK and estate agents

Taking my car back to UK and estate agents

Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:15 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default Taking my car back to UK and estate agents

well as some of you may know our villa is up for sale and when we sell (goodness knows when that will be) we are back to the UK . Thing is when we arrived here I changed my RH drive mondeo over to spanish plates etc thing is does anybody know how hard it is to change back to UK plates ????
Its funny you know but... we have had quite a few estate agents round to value our home and you wouldnt believe the difference in prices, one even suggested that we put it on for lower than what we payed 3 years ago (before we had done a lot of work here). will be sorry to go but OH wants to go back and i cant afford to buy his half off him, que sera, things have a funny way of turning round, take care all
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:42 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking my car back to UK and estate agents

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
well as some of you may know our villa is up for sale and when we sell (goodness knows when that will be) we are back to the UK . Thing is when we arrived here I changed my RH drive mondeo over to spanish plates etc thing is does anybody know how hard it is to change back to UK plates ????
Its funny you know but... we have had quite a few estate agents round to value our home and you wouldnt believe the difference in prices, one even suggested that we put it on for lower than what we payed 3 years ago (before we had done a lot of work here). will be sorry to go but OH wants to go back and i cant afford to buy his half off him, que sera, things have a funny way of turning round, take care all

Go to your bank and ask them to get a "Tasador" round to value the place. It'll probably cost you around 250-350 € but worth it as you get a professional, independant valuation and not some estate agents idea of what it is worth. Once you have that price fixed, you know which estate agents are giving you a reasonable price and which aren't.

Also bear in mind that bank valuations are usually some 10 or 20% LESS than the actual valuation so they have room to maneouvere when offering the mortgage
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:27 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is when we arrived here I changed my RH drive mondeo over to spanish plates etc thing is does anybody know how hard it is to change back to UK plates ????
The full details for car importation are on the DVLA website. It is a complicated procedure but if the car was previously registered in the UK you will find it much easier as the DVLA will still have all the vehicle records.

If you email the DVLA they will tell you exactly what you need to do.

Some friends recently re-imported their car with no problems at all.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:11 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Patsy I find it really sad reading your posts....all the adventure of living in Spain , I remember your pool problems, and now a return to blighty. Without being too personal...was the move to try and paper over cracks ? Like people having a child to save a marriage, which usually never works ? Your post just drives home the fragility of all relationships.
Have you considered renting it out for a while?? You may hate being back and long to be in Spain again.