Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sympathy anyone?

Sympathy anyone?

Old May 24th 2014, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sympathy anyone?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I saw a ring once in all the time I spent there, in a little country town. That was it. It was hardly ever used and was the no-kill type of bull fighting - not that I'm saying that that makes it ok, cos I'm not.
There seems to be a bullfighting academy in San Diego.

Realized I didn't know much about the issue outside Spain.
Old May 24th 2014, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Sorry but I see that post full of hate.
Are Zara, olive oil, Ribera wine, Fon, the football teams, etc all examples of only doing something when getting money from Brussels.
Lest we forget, when British banks were going bust left,right and centre, it was a Spanish bank Santander that was asked to help out by saving the likes of Abbey National, Bradford & Bingley, the Alliance & Leicester etc.

Yes, nothing to do with bullfighting, but I don't see why a general jibe at Spain (from one of the haters here) is staying to topic either? Good and bad in all countries..
I would just like to say that you still have the ability to ruin virtually every promising thread on this forum that you visit, nothing has changed.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with this thread it was jogging along nicely until you waded in.

You are personal to so many other people it's not a good thing to come upon when you are trying to catch up with what has been going on in your absence.

I can't even discuss bullfighting or look at pictures if it, I find it so abhorrent.

Last edited by jennieJ; May 24th 2014 at 9:29 pm.
Old May 28th 2014, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
EMR, is the EU funding nonsense? I´d taken Andy at face value when he said it was.
Just to clear this up I said the town had EU Money for cultural reasons however we it would be stupid to assume it will not be spent on this.

I #read about Soria once and EU Funding and I have spent the best part of a hour trying to find some more about it.

Along the same lines from the EU is this.

The European Union spends £37 million a year directly subsidising blood fiestas like the Toro de la Vega and other sports, such as bullfighting. It also ploughs tens of millions of pounds into the towns that host them and has begun renovating dilapidated bullrings. As if that weren’t bad enough, now some MEPs are campaigning to have bullfighting and blood fiestas officially recognised as part of Europe ’s cultural heritage. If this should succeed, then not only will the Toro de la Vega be given an official veneer of respectability, it may eventually become eligible for European arts and cultural funding. ‘We’re all tightening our belts in Britain and yet our money continues to flow into bullfights and blood fiestas across Spain ,’ says Jaqueline Foster, Conservative MEP and vice-president of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals. ‘The Spanish can support these fiestas with their own money, if they want to, but there’s absolutely no way they should be using ours to do so. I have been unable to find a single good reason why we are being forced to pay for these horrible sports.’
As for Soria, I can keep looking but..............too time consuming, EU finds Bullfights in all ways