British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Super King size beds (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/super-king-size-beds-536331/)

The Olive Farmer May 13th 2008 8:10 pm

Super King size beds

Hi

We are looking to buy a superking size bed & mattress.

Any recommendations in the Huelva or Sevilla areas?

thanks

Palmera May 13th 2008 8:15 pm

Re: Super King size beds

i live between huelva and sevilla. we have just thrown our superking size bed away (didnt travel too well), and have scoured the area for months and miles, but unfortunately the biggest beds we can find...are in ikea!!only king size tho!
if u do buy from there, dont forget to buy the bedding from there as well as they are a bit bigger than spanish bedding also.
hope this helps.

The Olive Farmer May 13th 2008 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Palmera (Post 6346154)
i live between huelva and sevilla. we have just thrown our superking size bed away (didnt travel too well), and have scoured the area for months and miles, but unfortunately the biggest beds we can find...are in ikea!!only king size tho!
if u do buy from there, dont forget to buy the bedding from there as well as they are a bit bigger than spanish bedding also.
hope this helps.

Thanks, yeah we have been looking for a while too. You're right about IKEA, spent a day (well it felt like a day!) a couple of weeks ago in there.

Have also posted on the Portugal forum, may be somewhere on the Algarve that sells them.

Will let you know if we find anywhere.

YMF May 13th 2008 10:27 pm

I bought my super king size bed in Chiclana, The mattress had to be ordered but only took a couple of weeks. It is supported on two single bed frames that are linked together. It is a Moreplex Lady Bed, most comfortable bed I have ever slept on.
They tend to only have small sizes in the shops but will order other sizes.
There are quite a few online suppliers as well.

Main snag is I have had to order the sheets from the UK.

Bri and Katee May 14th 2008 7:15 am

We have a superking in the UK and a normal king in Spain, its quite a shock to move down to it!! Far too close to the other half at night:rofl: Anyway ours was supplied as two 3ft divans that link together with the option of two single mattresses that zipped together or one large mattress. We went for the single large one.

We replaced the mattress two years ago, it came from Ikea in the UK so it may be available in Spain, have a look for Sultan Hasselback.

El Capitan May 14th 2008 7:51 am

I bought IKEA's largest offering (yes the Sultan Hasselbak) as no "normal" Spanish furniture shop stocked anything as big, but as said they do not even stock large (fitted) sheets. There are a number of furniture manufacturers in Pilas so maybe you could get one made up there but we found the IKEA bed was the largest which would fit through the bedroom door in any case. Of course there is always the option of a few hay bales and a foam cover on top. Could lay foam up the walls too and create a padded cell for fun and games ;)

tawaghorne May 14th 2008 8:28 am

Originally Posted by The Olive Farmer (Post 6346137)
Hi

We are looking to buy a superking size bed & mattress.

Any recommendations in the Huelva or Sevilla areas?

thanks

You will get one in Polanco in Chiclana de la Frontera, thats where we got ours from.

The Olive Farmer May 14th 2008 12:03 pm

Thank you all for your replies & for sharing your ideas.

Certainly gives us a few options to look at, will also keep searching for the Spanish equivalent of a discount bed superstore.

Now there's an idea!! If anyone has a stash of euros with no where to go, just let me know & maybe we can open our own 'Spanish Dreams' (no smutty innuendo please Rugby M!).

thanks

poshnbucks May 15th 2008 2:30 am

Originally Posted by The Olive Farmer (Post 6349074)
Thank you all for your replies & for sharing your ideas.

Certainly gives us a few options to look at, will also keep searching for the Spanish equivalent of a discount bed superstore.

Now there's an idea!! If anyone has a stash of euros with no where to go, just let me know & maybe we can open our own 'Spanish Dreams' (no smutty innuendo please Rugby M!).

thanks

I know its a little far away but I wonder if the Marks and Spencer in Gib deliver in Spain They Sold Super King Beds in the UK and the quality was quiet good or order in the UK and ask one of these Van with a man chappies that flit between Spain and the UK to pick it up for you, The initial outlay may seem expensive but we do spend a lot of time in the old flea pit :rofl: Then there is e/bay of course.I have just looked on e/bay spain http://listings.ebay.es/aw/plistings....html?from=R11 and there are big boys beds for sale there. Good luck and sweet dreams. I can always sell you mine I am never in it these days look at the time :zzz:

gallerie9 May 15th 2008 12:08 pm

We got ours in IKEA and the bedding much bigger than the Spainsh beds and very comfy

The Olive Farmer May 15th 2008 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 6352290)
I know its a little far away but I wonder if the Marks and Spencer in Gib deliver in Spain They Sold Super King Beds in the UK and the quality was quiet good or order in the UK and ask one of these Van with a man chappies that flit between Spain and the UK to pick it up for you, The initial outlay may seem expensive but we do spend a lot of time in the old flea pit :rofl: Then there is e/bay of course.I have just looked on e/bay spain http://listings.ebay.es/aw/plistings....html?from=R11 and there are big boys beds for sale there. Good luck and sweet dreams. I can always sell you mine I am never in it these days look at the time :zzz:

Hi

yes we started off by buying bed & mattress from the UK & were going to get man with van to bring over with some other stuff we need shipping. But the very well known company, whose name is what you do when you are asleep, have been an absolute nightmare. Promised delivery to a UK address in 4-6 weeks. Now 10 weeks later they are telling us it will not be in stock until 10 June.
As they have had our money since day one, they really don't give a damn.
So I have cancelled the order & promised to make a very big nuisance of myself if refund isn't received in 7 days.

Although been looking for some time without any luck, we are now keen to get bed from Spain or Portugal. Have had some really useful ideas & advice from both forums, so will continue the quest for my superking.

thanks everyone

:thumbup:

spanishfamily May 16th 2008 1:59 pm

I noticed this thread and just wanted to say that we bought one of these beds from the Spanish furniture shop in our little village (v.good price and quality)when we arrived here. They had one in stock and delivered straight away and could have ordered any size we wanted within a few days. I've found that wherever you are in Spain you'll find better service, price and quality from your local village shops than you will by driving miles to a superstore where the staff are often far less knowledgeable and friendly. Hope you find what you're looking for!

Palmera May 19th 2008 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee (Post 6347892)
We have a superking in the UK and a normal king in Spain, its quite a shock to move down to it!! Far too close to the other half at night:rofl: Anyway ours was supplied as two 3ft divans that link together with the option of two single mattresses that zipped together or one large mattress. We went for the single large one.

We replaced the mattress two years ago, it came from Ikea in the UK so it may be available in Spain, have a look for Sultan Hasselback.

Hi, I notice yourself and El Capitan have the Sultan Hasselbacks from Ikea. Well, i do too....but find it too hard for me! (no puns please).
This is the 2nd i have bought from ikea, and each time i find them too hard, although the size is right! I was advised the Hasselback was the most popular, but still it is no good for me.
Hubby is 6´4" and big, whereas i am 5´1" and 7stone.

I wondered if anyone could recommend a more softer mattress from Ikea that would still be oky for hubby, but more comfy for me.

Thanks.

jdr May 19th 2008 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Palmera (Post 6367827)
Hi, I notice yourself and El Capitan have the Sultan Hasselbacks from Ikea. Well, i do too....but find it too hard for me! (no puns please).
This is the 2nd i have bought from ikea, and each time i find them too hard, although the size is right! I was advised the Hasselback was the most popular, but still it is no good for me.
Hubby is 6´4" and big, whereas i am 5´1" and 7stone.

I wondered if anyone could recommend a more softer mattress from Ikea that would still be oky for hubby, but more comfy for me.

Thanks.

Lol.... why do you think it got its name ' ;-))

keddyboy May 19th 2008 7:57 pm

God, how tall or big are you that a King size bed will not accomodate?????