British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Summary justice hee hee (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/summary-justice-hee-hee-579369/)

poshnbucks Dec 19th 2008 2:55 pm

Summary justice hee hee

Members of the Guardia Civil in Castellón yesterday afternoon detained a farmer, who, on discovering that three men were stealing artichokes from his field, went for his shotgun and fired at them, wounding one of the thieves slightly in the shoulder.

The 20-year-old who received the buckshot, and whose condition is not at all life-threatening, will - along with his companions - be charged with theft.

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain...eggie-burglars

DENISE WALTERS Dec 19th 2008 4:36 pm

Re: Summary justice hee hee

GOOD in UK the farmer would be jailed

Lionda Dec 19th 2008 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 7082595)
Members of the Guardia Civil in Castellón yesterday afternoon detained a farmer, who, on discovering that three men were stealing artichokes from his field, went for his shotgun and fired at them, wounding one of the thieves slightly in the shoulder.

The 20-year-old who received the buckshot, and whose condition is not at all life-threatening, will - along with his companions - be charged with theft.

You would never hear that in the Uk, the criminals seem to have more rights than decent citizens. Well done to the Spanish police :thumbsup:

big wheels Dec 19th 2008 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS (Post 7082943)
GOOD in UK the farmer would be jailed

The article does say that the Guardia Civil detained the farmer too. ;)

dunmovin Dec 20th 2008 4:12 am

Originally Posted by big wheels (Post 7084130)

to congratulate him, hopefully

debandsie Dec 20th 2008 10:21 am

Hope that they give him a medal - and some more ammo !:thumbsup:

shirley and anthony hide Dec 21st 2008 5:34 pm

These artichokes must have been big old muvvers if it took 3 men to steal them!!

dunmovin Dec 21st 2008 5:38 pm

one to dig them up, one to bag them and a useless git as a lookout:lol:

jurdyr Dec 21st 2008 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by big wheels (Post 7084130)

well he had to make a Setment about what happen , and now looking after his farm again with shotgun loaded again

Sir Dec 21st 2008 6:54 pm

It happened 30 years ago that whilst celebrating a barbeque in the garden one of the kids pointed out that there were two gypsy women in the guest bedroom rifling through the dressing table contents. My brother and I caught them hand held them in a half-Nelson whilst my wife called the Guardia Civil. They didn't half stuggle and fight, but the half-Nelson maintains control.

On arrival, the Guardia bundled the women into their Landrover and informed me that they'd have to let them free the next day since they hadn't actually stolen anything (we had already recovered the articles they had pilfered). One of the Guardia took me aside an quietly suggested that to discourage anymore of this sort of thing I should have called to say I'd found a couple of drowned 'Gitanas' in my swimming pool or, at least, broken their arms and claimed a struggle!

But that was 30 yars ago....

Relampago Dec 22nd 2008 8:59 pm

I don't justify the farmer's action, but maybe have stolen to this man a lot, and finally have exploded...

rugbymatt Dec 22nd 2008 9:06 pm

Do not justify the action of the farmer, but perhaps have stolen this man a lot, and finally has exploded...

This is the best Babelfish could come up with......................

Econ Dec 23rd 2008 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Sir (Post 7088865)
the Guardia bundled the women into their Landrover and informed me that they'd have to let them free the next day since they hadn't actually stolen anything (we had already recovered the articles they had pilfered). One of the Guardia took me aside an quietly suggested that to discourage anymore of this sort of thing I should have called to say I'd found a couple of drowned 'Gitanas' in my swimming pool or, at least, broken their arms and claimed a struggle!

But that was 30 yars ago....

Yes that was when crime was practically non existant in Spain, but of course we have to respect criminals now so there are many hundreds of thousands more to cause us problems.

I know of a case where 2 people where caught handling 24,000 euros of stolen money from someone I know very well (They where paid 10% for the use of their bank accounts to make the thief invisible), one had the money taken off him before he got to it but the other had moved his money on, the one who had the money '4000 Euros' taken back was not taken to court because the Spanish legal system didn't see there was a case as he didn't actually get away with it! :curse:, he didn't actually get away with the money as the bank never let him access it after they where alerted that he had stolen money in his account. The other who moved the money '20,000' on had no assets so the courts didn't think it was worth taking the matter any further.... :curse: great deterrent to crime eh! (This was 3 years ago and the person is still trying to get some recourse).

All the above legal process can do is promote crime!, why would these people not just go out and do the same thing again? sadly... at this rate most people are going to become criminals and our countries will attract them from other countries because our legal systems and governments are only interested in petty crimes 'speeding and opening shops when they shouldn't' that general law abiding people make so they can take money off us, if we have no money to take they are not interested and locking people up costs money so they don't seem to be interested in doing that either.

Cape Blue Dec 24th 2008 5:29 am

Originally Posted by debandsie (Post 7085135)
Hope that they give him a medal - and some more ammo !:thumbsup:

It always sounds good to hear of some summary justice - until its your 15 year old kid doing some scrumping with his mates who ends up in a wheelchair or dead, then its not so clever for some old boy to be letting loose with his shotgun.

debandsie Dec 24th 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 7096318)
It always sounds good to hear of some summary justice - until its your 15 year old kid doing some scrumping with his mates who ends up in a wheelchair or dead, then its not so clever for some old boy to be letting loose with his shotgun.

SCRUMPING - is that just another word for STEALING or THIEVING ?