suma help

Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:53 am
Just Joined

ashsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default suma help

hi i have just came across this forum , which looks great and full of information. i am looking to get some advice with my car . i live in torre pacheco in murcia region and i would like to ask where do i pay for my car tax{suma} . i bought a second hand spanish car , and i went to get my name onto the log book. after a few trips to various offices i now have all the correct paperwork in place with the exeption of a the upto date suma reciept from the relevent office. . i have been onto the suma .es site but i cant seem to find a link to the various local offices. any help would be great
thanks
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: suma help

Originally Posted by ashsam
hi i have just came across this forum , which looks great and full of information. i am looking to get some advice with my car . i live in torre pacheco in murcia region and i would like to ask where do i pay for my car tax{suma} . i bought a second hand spanish car , and i went to get my name onto the log book. after a few trips to various offices i now have all the correct paperwork in place with the exeption of a the upto date suma reciept from the relevent office. . i have been onto the suma .es site but i cant seem to find a link to the various local offices. any help would be great
thanks
It is sent out by the local council office, so if you call in they should be able to tell you more.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the prompt reply, i will get it sorted when im next out
cheers
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:15 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Once you receive your request for payment, usually sent out around June or July, then go to the bank to pay it. At the bank ensure you ask for it to be paid automatically every year.
Another thing to note, fro our experience that is, If you have just imported the car you may not get the SUMA until next year and the same goes for if you have just bought a car. The latter is because the previous owner has already paid it for this year.
Be prepared for the counter clerk to simply shrug their shoulders and say it will be sent out some time in the future!
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:23 am
Just Joined

hi thanks for the info . the problem i have is im trying to get the car registered in my name and i cannot do it until i have all the paperwork in place .,which i have with the exception of an upto date suma. when ever i go to the office they ask for a reciept to prove that i have paid it. so do i just wait until they send out the reminder or should i go to the town hall and pay it .
cheers
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:09 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

It is only paid once a year. The previous owner should have paid it and they should have the paperwork and that in turn should have been handed over with all the rest of it.
Maybe you should go back to the PO and ask for the bank receipt this will prove it has been paid for a year.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

hi the po has moved back to the uk and i dont have his contact details so will i just have to pay any outstanding tax .
cheers
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ashsam
hi the po has moved back to the uk and i dont have his contact details so will i just have to pay any outstanding tax .
cheers
There will be no outstanding tax, when I sold my car in Spain, I had paid the SUMA for the year, and the receipt was something the garage I sold it to insisted on. I assume that you bought your car privately, and that is what causes the difficulty, if you buy from a proper dealer, they will do all that for you. The SUMA bill will be sent to the registered owner at the address the car is registered, so unless you can get the car transferred to your name, you will not get a SUMA bill next time, a bit of a vicious circle. I would go see a Gestor, and see if he can help as I suspect you need some help here.