British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   SUMA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/suma-560683/)

baz259 Sep 10th 2008 10:15 am

SUMA

Hi, just received my bank statement for august here in Denia. There is an item that I presume is for SUMA, it reads as follows. BILL O T.E.S.O.S.T.E.S.A. for 63.86 euros. She who wont be contradicted says we have not received a notice from SUMA. Any ideas what it is. Thanks.
Baz

Jules Europe Sep 10th 2008 10:23 am

Re: SUMA

Originally Posted by baz259 (Post 6768362)
Hi, just received my bank statement for august here in Denia. There is an item that I presume is for SUMA, it reads as follows. BILL O T.E.S.O.S.T.E.S.A. for 63.86 euros. She who wont be contradicted says we have not received a notice from SUMA. Any ideas what it is. Thanks.
Baz

In Spain you get bills for all types of nonsense and even Spaniards don`t know what they are for half the time. Its just a way of squeezing more money out of you. Best thing is to go to your bank or Suma office and get some answers.

twyntub Sep 10th 2008 2:02 pm

Baz

Telefónica Sociedad Operadora de Servicios de Telecomunicaciones en España, S.A

...or something like that!

Jules Europe Sep 10th 2008 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by twyntub (Post 6768934)
Telefónica Sociedad Operadora de Servicios de Telecomunicaciones en España, S.A

...or something like that!

Telefonica is telephone therefore unless you have a contact number for them just go to your bank which is probably the best option for you anyway.

valenciatim Sep 10th 2008 2:35 pm

It's your phone bill.

montgomail Sep 10th 2008 4:16 pm

Baz

The SUMA bills have been issued for Denia and the payment period is 28 July until 3 October. If you havent received yours, then I would suggest a visit to their office in the town otherwise you will accrue interest.

baz259 Sep 11th 2008 8:01 am

Originally Posted by valenciatim (Post 6769029)
It's your phone bill.

Thanks valenciatim, I knew that really, honest. I am always this red-faced.
No sniggering at the back pleas.
Baz