Reload this Page >

Suggestions for "easy" Spanish dishes

Suggestions for "easy" Spanish dishes

Old May 17th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

macgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Suggestions for "easy" Spanish dishes

Originally Posted by The Oddities
First 2 are typos, 3rd is my OH´s fault because he is always going on about sage and last one I lapsed into Italian which I rarely use.....oh well.

Rosemary
Foreign food names are difficult for everyone!
Old May 17th 2011, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ambre Solaire will become famous soon enoughAmbre Solaire will become famous soon enough

Many many thanks for all your kind help, you have gone to so much trouble

Really appreciate it

Regards
Old May 17th 2011, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

lovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alectryon
If you want hot food then try this - 20 minutes to prepare and 90 minutes (or so) to cook - this is a one-pot meal so beloved by the Spanish, and all of my guests.

Ingredients (for six people):

1 chicken in pieces (or buy ready prepared chicken pieces)
6 small potatoes
2 ripe tomatoes
3 medium-sized onions
6 desert spoonfuls of olive oil
100 grams of pinenuts
100 grams of almonds
1 small glass of white wine
Juice of half a lemon
2 cloves of garlic
1 sprig of parsley
1 sprig of thyme
Pepper
1 chicken stock cube
salt

Steps:

1: Prepare an oven dish made of glass or clay. Rub the bottom with a clove of garlic and then put the chicken pieces inside it.

2: Peel the potatoes and onions. Cut them into large pieces and put them in the oven dish with the chicken. Do the same with the tomatoes.

3: Chop the garlic and sprinkle on top with small pieces of parsley and thyme. Add the lemon juice, pinenuts, almonds, pepper and salt.

4: Disolve the stock cube in a small glass of warm water and pour onto the chicken. Then pour on the glass of white wine and the oil. Try to make sure that all these liquids are poured over the ingredients as evenly as possible.

5: Put the oven dish in the middle of the oven and leave it to cook for an hour and a half at 180º. When all the ingredients are cooked, take the oven dish out of the oven and serve

Good luck
I do a similar recipe to this but cooked slowly in a large, deep frying pan on the stove top. I use one of those aluminium lids you can buy from ferreterias to loosely cover the pan and keep the chicken moist.

I also tuck bay leaves and whole cloves of garlic around the chicken - and sometimes wedges of unpeeled orange and a few black olives to garnish