Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sue Letting Agency

Sue Letting Agency

Old Nov 24th 2021, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Kerwin6265 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sue Letting Agency

Hi my brother in law has just taken possession back of his place in Marbella which had squatters in it for nearly two years, he's been advised that he could sue the letting agency for lost revenue of approx €40 a week for each week the squatters were in the apartment if letting agency is insured. has anyone had any experience of anything like this?
Old Nov 25th 2021, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sue Letting Agency

A first visit to a lawyer should tell you everything you need. It should also be free.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Re: Sue Letting Agency

My advice,based on the details you post, and my experience, is DONT.

From what you say it looks like his place was rented via a letting agent and the renter just stopped paying.

If so had HE taken out a policy or policy extension called "seguro de impago alquiler" the insurance company would pay out for the loss of revenue.

Likewise had HE taken out a
policy or policy extension called "seguro de defensa jurídica para propietarios" he could have claimed to get lawyers and costs to get them out regardless of whether they were squatters or delinquent renter's.

My guess is he had neither and whist it is feasible that a Letting Agency could include a pool policy for either or both within their fees to cover their owners I have never heard of one doing so.

Best

​​​​​​​Loco

Originally Posted by Kerwin6265
Hi my brother in law has just taken possession back of his place in Marbella which had squatters in it for nearly two years, he's been advised that he could sue the letting agency for lost revenue of approx €40 a week for each week the squatters were in the apartment if letting agency is insured. has anyone had any experience of anything like this?