Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Subcontractors in Spain

Subcontractors in Spain

Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice
Default Subcontractors in Spain

Hi to all,

Does anybody on here have an insight into subcontracting in the building trade in Spain. I am winding up my UK suspended ceiling and partition firm in the UK, and i am looking into starting small scale in Spain with a few of my subcontractors from here. In the UK we have a card system for building trade self employed workers, a card that must have tax deducted at source as my labour only sub contractors hold, and a full cert that i hold that is presented to Main Contractors of Buildings etc, that allows the gross amount to be paid plus VAT.

I have already read somewhat that the monthly National insurance equivalent is higher than the basic £2+ a week here plus yearly profit related payments, at above 200 euros a month, is there an earnings related payment linked to profit on top of this.

The system is changing in April in the UK so anyone can walk on to a site and get work, if they are on the tax system they get 18% deducted if not its 30%
A sneaky way of taxing all the poles etc that dont register for tax.

I know that you have to register as self employed in Spain, but in the UK system it is only the construction industry that requires cards as apposed to other self employed people who just invoice regardless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:35 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subcontractors in Spain

Paul you have probably seen this site before is so sorry, if not it may help.

http://www.spainaccountants.com/ct.html
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Paul you have probably seen this site before is so sorry, if not it may help.

http://www.spainaccountants.com/ct.html

Thanks for the link, I had seen it a while ago and lost the link, so should come in handy. Cheers.

Paul
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulLes
Thanks for the link, I had seen it a while ago and lost the link, so should come in handy. Cheers.

Paul
I have friends who run building firms in Spain, i will e-mail them and find out what they do.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

I have friends who run building firms in Spain, i will e-mail them and find out what they do.
Cheers Matt, Thanks for your time and help.

Paul
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

hi, i have been looking for work in spain as a carpenter for months now with several visits, phonecalls etc and i have got nowhere

i am now looking at other countries further afield due to lack of oppourtunity,

does anyone know any area's or contacts to look at for my industry?

thanks

PAUL:curse:
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:54 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bluenose27
hi, i have been looking for work in spain as a carpenter for months now with several visits, phonecalls etc and i have got nowhere

i am now looking at other countries further afield due to lack of oppourtunity,

does anyone know any area's or contacts to look at for my industry?

thanks

PAUL:curse:

As im sure others will tell you it is not that easy finding this kind of work in Spain.
There a lot of jobbing chippies and builders around and not only can competition be very strong but prices can be a bit low as well.
Dont suppose you have any boat building experiences do you? The America's cup has bought a massive surge of boating interest to an already boat mad Spain. A friend of mine went to Mallorca a few years back as a french polisher and is now full time restoring the interiors of some very expensive yachts.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

no boat building experience unfortunatley, but if noah needs a chippy im his man!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:58 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bluenose27
no boat building experience unfortunatley, but if noah needs a chippy im his man!
I know that a few of the Marinas often need a skilled woodworker, it may be worth going down that avenue, i know from experience that the lifestyle is pretty hard to beat, and the money aint bad either!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

As im sure others will tell you it is not that easy finding this kind of work in Spain.
There a lot of jobbing chippies and builders around and not only can competition be very strong but prices can be a bit low as well.
Dont suppose you have any boat building experiences do you? The America's cup has bought a massive surge of boating interest to an already boat mad Spain. A friend of mine went to Mallorca a few years back as a french polisher and is now full time restoring the interiors of some very expensive yachts.
I also like to do a bit of "FRENCH POLISHING" on the old parsons nose so to speak,
never thought of doing it down by the harbour,
see you there
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

dirty boy!

you should stick to doing that buisness in your bedroom while your mom is downstairs! you will be locked up if you do that
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:33 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
I also like to do a bit of "FRENCH POLISHING" on the old parsons nose so to speak,
never thought of doing it down by the harbour,
see you there
i have told you about rubbing it!

It wont make it any bigger and you cant shine it!!