Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Studying Spanish in Spain

Studying Spanish in Spain

Old May 17th 2010, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Paddyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Studying Spanish in Spain

I'm looking to do a Spanish course in either Barcelona or Malaga but can't decide who to do the course with. There are so many places offering the same ones.

Has anyone done a course or know of a good reputable company?

Cheers
Paddy
Old May 17th 2010, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Studying Spanish in Spain

Originally Posted by Paddyy
I'm looking to do a Spanish course in either Barcelona or Malaga but can't decide who to do the course with. There are so many places offering the same ones.

Cheers
Paddy
International House are a national chain and have academies everywhere. Good, professional standards.

I used International House (CLIC) in Seville.

http://www.ihes.com/bcn/spanish/index.html
Old May 17th 2010, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Ohh ok. I haven't actually come across this company. I will have a look at their website.

Do you know if they offer work placements too?
Old May 17th 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Ohh ok. I haven't actually come across this company. I will have a look at their website.

Do you know if they offer work placements too?
What do you mean by work placements?????? I don't understand. International House is a language academy offering language courses and teacher training courses.
Old May 17th 2010, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Paddy
I went to Instituto Picasso in Plaza de la Merced, Malaga.

I found the course to be good and lots of fun, plus they offer accomodation if you need it. Also in a very good location in the centre of Malaga.

I dont know what you mean by work placements either, do you want an internship with a Spanish company? If so, I've never hear of someone doing that.
Old May 17th 2010, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

I noticed some companies offer an intensive course followed by a work placement, where they find you a job for a certain amount of time so you can further your language skills.
Old May 17th 2010, 2:48 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

think if we try here we be told to FO
Old May 17th 2010, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

pleasant
Old May 17th 2010, 3:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed some companies offer an intensive course followed by a work placement, where they find you a job for a certain amount of time so you can further your language skills.
I know of companies which do that in the UK for students of English. One of my students went to the UK & was supposed to also get work in a holiday camp as part of the deal. When it came to it he was told he didn't fit the 'young image' they wanted.

He's a very trendy-looking 30ish with a high level of English. I think they wanted teens.

I imagine that there are companies in Spain doing the same - but with unemployment as it is I'd be surprised if any companies were actually keen to take people on in that way - even for short term paying peanuts positions.
Old May 17th 2010, 3:02 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jurdyr
think if we try here we be told to FO
sorry posted in the wrong Thread ... sorry my fualt ....
Old May 17th 2010, 3:06 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
sorry posted in the wrong Thread ... sorry my fualt ....
can't you still delete it?
Old May 17th 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

No advice on particular schools/academies, but if the choice is Málaga or Barcelona I'd say Málaga, purely because you'll have more opportunity to practice outside of class. You'll have to deal with the Andalucian accent but that's better than having to deal with another language.
Old May 17th 2010, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice rachel
Old May 17th 2010, 3:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by rachelk
No advice on particular schools/academies, but if the choice is Málaga or Barcelona I'd say Málaga, purely because you'll have more opportunity to practice outside of class. You'll have to deal with the Andalucian accent but that's better than having to deal with another language.
Yes, I'd agree with that for sure.
Old May 20th 2010, 10:01 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

If you want a useful and recognised qualification afterwards you need to use the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.