Reload this Page >

Stuck On Vodafone.es Site :( Help please

Stuck On Vodafone.es Site :( Help please

Old Mar 1st 2012, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

MaxTucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stuck On Vodafone.es Site :( Help please

Hi everyone.

I will be moving from the UK to the El Campello region of Alicante in a few months.

I have been told that I can only hope for 3-6meg speeds in the El Campello area, unless I go with Vodafone, which could be quicker. I decided to check the vodafone site to see if the area is covered.

My Spanish is rusty but I can get by, I filled in most of the information with ease. However, I am being asked for Población* which translates to population. I do not understand this question, is this the population of the area? You can see it here, it is the fifth text field.

http://www.vodafone.es/adsl/particul...-de-cobertura/
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:33 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stuck On Vodafone.es Site :( Help please

Originally Posted by MaxTucker
Hi everyone.

I will be moving from the UK to the El Campello region of Alicante in a few months.

I have been told that I can only hope for 3-6meg speeds in the El Campello area, unless I go with Vodafone, which could be quicker. I decided to check the vodafone site to see if the area is covered.

My Spanish is rusty but I can get by, I filled in most of the information with ease. However, I am being asked for Población* which translates to population. I do not understand this question, is this the population of the area? You can see it here, it is the fifth text field.

town
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Vodafone are useless.
They have no customer service and are not interested

Do yourself a favour and avoid them
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Vodafone are useless.
They have no customer service and are not interested

Do yourself a favour and avoid them
A resounding "hear hear "!!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

To enlarge on my cryptic comment - it is impossible to get a sensible answer out of Vodafone customer services. They speak english ok but seem to be another planet! They - ignore what you are asking them and answer a different question - tell you one thing one day then the opposite the next - I could go on......
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:41 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much for the help everyone. It was in fact town.... lol population... I slapped myself on the head after reading the post above.

I have not picked Vodafone, I am just using their site to figure out which area has 20mb line so I can make a more informed decision on where to live. It seems beach villas are out and city apartments are in as no area outside a major or minor city has anything over a 10mb line.

Since you guys have brought it up, any tips on a good carrier? Is Orange any good and do they speak English.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Since you guys have brought it up, any tips on a good carrier? Is Orange any good and do they speak English.
Personally I would stick with Telefonica.
They like all the others are usless, it's just a matter of the degree of uselessness.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Personally I would stick with Telefonica.
They like all the others are usless, it's just a matter of the degree of uselessness.
They are limited to 10mbit speed as far as I can see. Even on 20mbit capable lines they do not seem to offer more than 10mbit.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:53 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by petew
To enlarge on my cryptic comment - it is impossible to get a sensible answer out of Vodafone customer services. They speak english ok but seem to be another planet! They - ignore what you are asking them and answer a different question - tell you one thing one day then the opposite the next - I could go on......
Here, here we are currently having a battle with them over a returned phone.

The speed is very patchy near El Campello, we are in the area & can only dream of 10mb, currently with Vodafone we do occasionally get 2 or 3mb . We where previously with telefonica which where consistently slower, but consistent.
Something to bear in mind is that de línea fija ( fixed line) does not mean that it's a land line.
We had a land line with telefonica & when we changed to vodafone were presented with a sim card.
Basically they are all pretty naff, best bet is probably telefonica.

If that kind of connection is important to you, you will have to test the area your self or plan to move nearer to the city.

Suzi

Last edited by Grebo; Mar 3rd 2012 at 9:58 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Grebo
Here, here we are currently having a battle with them over a returned phone.

The speed is very patchy near El Campello, we are in the area & can only dream of 10mb, currently with Vodafone we do occasionally get 2 or 3mb . We where previously with telefonica which where consistently slower, but consistent.
Something to bear in mind is that de línea fija ( fixed line) does not mean that it's a land line.
We had a land line with telefonica & when we changed to vodafone were presented with a sim card.
Basically they are all pretty naff, best bet is probably telefonica.

If that kind of connection is important to you, you will have to test the area your self or plan to move nearer to the city.

Suzi
I am starting to realise that, I was looking at Coveta Fuma but the best I can hpe for there is 3-6mbit. I think my dreams of a villa by the beach have been dashed. I think I need to go for a penthouse apartment in the city centre to get decent speeds.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

I am starting to realise that, I was looking at Coveta Fuma but the best I can hpe for there is 3-6mbit. I think my dreams of a villa by the beach have been dashed. I think I need to go for a penthouse apartment in the city centre to get decent speeds.
Hi Max, Coveta Fuma is nice, but has been ruined by the construction blighting the restaurant/square area, causing bars to close and I don't think you could call the cove a suitable bathing spot (masses of seaweed). It does have the benefit of the rail link, which is a big plus, but as you say internet speed is low.
My question to you is, why do you need a connection above 10MB?
I live in the area and know Coveta well, having lived there for some months.

John.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

The only reason I am moving to Spain in the current economic climate is that I earn my money online. I do a lot of work that requires a reliable and speedy internet connection. At the moment I am with Virgin at 50mb but the place I was living prior to here had a 24mb connection which I roughly got 10mb of due to my distance from the exchange.

10mbit is usable if I get the full 10mbit but in Coveta my research shows you get roughly 2-5mbit base on distance from the exchange. Sadly for me and my business this is nowhere near enough.

I need at least 10mbit at my router to earn money.

What 'at router' speeds do you get if you do not mind me asking?
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

The only reason I am moving to Spain in the current economic climate is that I earn my money online. I do a lot of work that requires a reliable and speedy internet connection. At the moment I am with Virgin at 50mb but the place I was living prior to here had a 24mb connection which I roughly got 10mb of due to my distance from the exchange.

10mbit is usable if I get the full 10mbit but in Coveta my research shows you get roughly 2-5mbit base on distance from the exchange. Sadly for me and my business this is nowhere near enough.

I need at least 10mbit at my router to earn money.

What 'at router' speeds do you get if you do not mind me asking?
Hi again Max,
I live at Bonalba Golf, which is just inland from El Compello. My internet speed is 8MB, which results in about 5.7MB at the router. The company I use is Europa Network, and the service (English personal), is excellent, but they rent the lines from Moovistar, as do most other companies. It might be a good idea to contact them and enquire as to what is available. They do have a wireless service but it all depends where the masts are located.
Unfortunately these speeds are typical for most of Spain, which is years behind most other countries and can't see any need to change!!! I don't know of anyone who has a connection above 10MB, and that includes people on this forum.
I wish you luck in your quest, and should you finally decide on this area (we love it), I will be glad to help with any information you might need. If I don't have the answers, I will probably know someone who does (Steve, at Sin's bar, Coveta Fuma is a great source of info).

John.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Movistar / Telefonica offer 50 mb
ONO offer 30 mb

However what you will get is questionable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.